HTC One E8 may be launched in new markets soon
According to Focus Taiwan, the One E8 is “geared primarily toward price-sensitive markets”, but HTC could also use it "to maintain sales in the last half of the year in markets where the life cycle of premium phones appears to be shrinking.” Thus, the Taiwanese company might plan to release the E8 in more countries than initially planned.
The One E8 is a cheaper version of the One M8, costing slightly under $500 in China and Taiwan. Most of its features are identical to those of the M8 flagship, though there’s no 4MP UltraPixel camera on the back - this being replaced by a regular 13MP camera. More importantly, the E8 is made out of plastic, so it doesn’t have the metal construction of the M8. And that’s why it’s cheaper.
HTC One (E8)
source: Focus Taiwan
1. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Than means 10 more happy M8 owners.
3. kzat82 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
You're gonna be so mad when you find out more than 10 people own M8s.
6. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
No. If they are 12 people, I will not be mad. But if they are 15 ppl, then I'll be mad. And because the tech media succside to make them buy this crap.
12. amats69 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL HTC shld be thnkful to you coz you are their avid fan..i can see u on evry HTC article.haha..
13. pulkit1 (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
lol .. its E8 man , learn to read . And do a little research before commenting .
2. Birds (Posts: 1020; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I pray that T-Mobile gets this for like 349$. This is my dream phone like....it meets my needs perfectly..... Idk what tmo has been doing but thinking that the L90 is a solid successor to the optiumus L9 was a trick move -_-.
4. kzat82 (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
If I was in the market for a phone, I would consider an E8. The internals are really the important part, especially since most people cover up the outside with a case.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2889; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Reminds me of my OneXls..Looks good in other words.
8. newbey123 (Posts: 449; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Impressive offering. Will be a really good lower priced option.
9. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Sadly for most international markets, $500 means you have to add $50-$100 on top of it.
14. pulkit1 (Posts: 325; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
In India it was launched for 34990 rs = 583 $ but soon you will be able to get it for 540 $ . Since s5 is available for a similar price , i think HTC has a chance here.
10. ryq24 (Posts: 527; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This phones seems more practical to buy than the original One M8 considering how fast phone changes nowadays. Why buy a premium expensive phone when in a few months a new round of so-called flagship phones will come out again. And plastic or metal actually does not matter since most people will be using plastic case to protect their phone.
11. androtaku (Posts: 196; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
by the time they actually get to potential markets,many already lost interest and waiting for better offering