Google splits maps and commerce units, moves Jeff Huber to the X Lab
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Welcome to the X Lab, Huber. lol :)
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I think these late changes are a reaction to Samsung's threats. Google's dependency on Sammy droid customers in Google-related income is huge, they have to ready everything plus the kitchen sink in case next year's Galaxy line-up switches to Tizen, cause it will sell just the same especially if they port every original Sammy function and make Android apps compatible. Tizen can be successful where it simplifies the interface using gesture and "Smart" controls and it will be compatible with every other Samsung devices coming out also running Tizen.
Unifying Chrome OS and Android is a major cornerstone in the battle, making Android more secure and Google-based high-end computers more versatile.
5. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 879; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
To me it just makes sense bringing the minds the that made Android great together to the same for ChromeBook as well other new products that they might be coming out with in the future.
3. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Smells fishy.......google is upto something wicked!!!!
4. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Seems Larry has Something in his mind for Google
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Wait wait wait. Maps and search together?! Advertising and commerce together?! That... That seems... That seems downright logical!