Google may have just teased Android 5.0
1. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
That is worth some excitement. I wonder if they are going to keep the nickname "Key Lime Pie" as the codename for Android 5.0
3. Commentator (Posts: 2566; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Since they already used "K" on 4.4, probably not. They could still do "Lime Pie" though.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 1946; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lemonade might work or something like that. They also might use a dessert from a company like kit kat was, might be useful advertising.
43. JunitoNH (Posts: 1024; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lemonade sounds good, or Lag, also should be consider.
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1709; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Since kitkat it is name of a product not a thing...
I assume it'll be something like lemon head, lacto bite.....
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Google should get rid of these food names. Anyway waiting to know more about Android 5.0 :)
39. EndesCot (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I bet you've seen the post that said "Android versions are named after sweets... because they're better than /an/ Apple"
41. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I'd say liquorice would probably be the next update name?
2. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
More importantly, when is Google coming out with a new phone? Whether is the Nexus 6 or some Android Silver phone, I'd love to see what they have cooking...
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1709; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Finally something new from the base...
Ditch HOLO UI pls...
7. vuyonc (Posts: 452; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Fingers crossed, they call it Android 5.0 "Lindt"
8. Totse2k15 (Posts: 281; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Android 5.0 is the only Android update I wish for. Can't wait!
9. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I really hope that they'll announce more GPE devices, if 5.0 is going to be a huge overhaul, then being on an old version and having unconsistent UIs isn't attractive to me. There's already an M8 GPE but that camera is ... meh. I'm hoping for a Z2 GPE, or maybe the G3 GPE , i don't like their sofware, but their hardware is GREAT.
10. peace247 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Hey does Google now on KitKat have the kind of statusbar as it is in the image above...? Or it is just a solid black bar..??
31. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1459; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
on gs3 its black bar with white icons info. like the transparent like when i had my roms.
36. aditya.k (Posts: 489; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Its black bars. Another new thing in the next update. Blending in with apps that don't support Immersive mode?
40. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 157; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Its just how KitKat shows the status bar.....you might need aosp to see it
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh hell yes. I can't wait to see if 5.0 is for real, and if so what it brings. Can it be two weeks later already please?
26. andynaija (Posts: 489; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Lasagna isn't a sweet food, but it is tasty.
18. ajonly (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 May 2013)
Hope its a 64bit OS. Google cannot backoff from 64bit race. But that move will make more fragmentation. Andriod is all about apps and the current devices will be out of the league after such a move. Or will there be two version, andriod 32bit and andriod 64 bit like what windows has done!!
20. splus (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Those navbar icons are displayed OVER the background text in the third picture???
If so then we finally have the navbar overlay and apps use the full screen, even with navbar.
21. surethom (Posts: 337; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Chromecast 2 improved wifi & local device playing please
33. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1459; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
you mean chromecast over 5ghz not 2.4 because face it we all have 5ghz n and ac routers.
23. bubbadoes (Posts: 377; Member since: 03 May 2012)
or maybe because it's 5 oclock when they took the screenshot.
29. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1671; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yea...no. These are generated screenshots not actual ones
25. iampayne (Posts: 265; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Lemon Head or lemon drop or Lava Cake. MMmmm
34. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1459; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
LAVA CAKE partner with dominos and show the pic of a lava cake and a android bursting out of it ahahhahaha love it.