Google Nexus 7 tablet leaks out: internal training document confirms all your hopes
- 7-inch 1280×800 IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 chip
- nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB or 16GB of internal storage
- 1.2MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
- 9-hour battery life
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- NFC with Google Wallet
1. rahulcena5565 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:36 7 12
Only if it had an HD Display and Back Camera!
12. andro. posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:06 10 0
Well 1200 x 800 screens would be generally considered 720p hd especially on screens as small as 7 inch.
13. ilia1986 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:06 12 0
It HAS an HD display. 1280x800 is great for a 7".
31. neutralguy posted on 25 Jun 2012, 05:33 2 0
oh yeah and put it up in the air and capture photos. A rear camera? Really? really? This tablet is a killer. Cheap + awesome specs, what could you ask for more?
2. DWillyEfect posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:37 7 1
Been holding off of a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for this. Can't wait!
32. RedFox posted on 25 Jun 2012, 05:57 0 0
me too , the one reason that may make me go for samasung , if nexus turned out to be just only 8 or 16 GB without SD or microSD card slot .
41. deadma44 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:33 0 0
I've struggled with this dilemma myself. I purchased a Tab 2 a couple weeks ago with the mindset that I could exchange it for the Asus/Google tablet when it was released if I wasn't satisfied with the Tab 2. In the meantime, I fell in love with (and can't live without) the IR sensor and Samsung's Peel Smart Remote app. As much as I love the idea of Asus' quad core tablets and Google devices, in general, they really are just no-frills app development hardware. Besides, Intel says "Android doesn't take advantage of multiple core processors yet" anyway.
3. CX3NT3_713 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:38 1 1
Looks like a beast!!! I think I'll hold off, on buying another Android tablet..... w8 pro for me :)
6. Jimstar posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:42 15 1
to keep the cost down and because cameras on tablets are stupid maybe?
14. andro. posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:09 5 1
Generally nobody goes around carrying a tablet and using it as a camera so the lack of a rear camera is a very small detail. The only thing that is a disadvantage of not having it is maybe for the use of ar games but are rare enough
17. AndroidShiz posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:12 6 2
Because the next time I see some dumb ass taking photos at my local theme park, middle outside aisle at a wedding, or an in progress bank robbery with their pad, I'm going to karate chop it in half and set it ablaze with lighter fluid and a flint rock.
8. ahomad posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:44 3 0
thats the perfect tab for me, I don't need rear camera, my xperis s camera is more than enough, this will be just for web browsing, playing games and watching movies with its HD screen
10. Sniggly posted on 25 Jun 2012, 02:54 3 2
This sounds great, especially the price. I may have to save up money and check it out. Or keep an eye out for a training that'll score me a free one. ;)
11. Icestalker posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:02 1 1
I get that having no camera is good for cutting costs but when the iPad came put there was no end to the people complaining about its lack of camera.
Just saying it how it is.
15. CellieCell posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:09 2 0
i don't know why there are so many people complaining about not have a rear camera. i bet everyone that has an account on this site either has a digital camera or an slr! now if this tablet did not have a front camera, that would be more disappointing.
16. andro. posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:11 0 0
Get ready for android tablets to take the lions share of the market
28. Eraser112 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:55 0 0
While the price is really a killer, i still think that the Nexus 7 won´t be a game changer for Android-Tablets, because most people will think that it is just a cheap "iPad-Clone" and will stick with an iPad. Apple says the same on all the Tablets that came out recently, i still remember the iPad 2 Keynote where Steve wondered if "2011 would be the year of the Copycats". Many people think that these Android-Tabs are just copied. I would say that the only Tablet, that could change that iPad-Domination-Situation, will be the Microsoft Surface - especially because it runs the full PC-Experience (at least the Pro One), so offices will probably fill up with some Surfaces. Or Maybe i´m wrong and the Nexus 7 will be the king of the tablet-world this year, we´ll see...
52. CellieCell posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:08 0 0
i believe it will be a game changer, i didn't get a tablet until the nook color tablet came out. i felt that everything else out there was still a little too expensive. and for a $200 dual core with a gig of ram and micro sd no camera, now rooted tablet was better than spending $400-$500 on something that does the same. and i particularly like the 7" tablets.
cutting to the chase when the kindle fire came out many many people purchased it because of it's affordable price for what people needs it for. i feel if Google can market this right not only to techies but to the average consumers they would out sell the the kindle fire or nook color tablet.
18. thunderising posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:15 0 0
Wow, great tablet. At least looks like till now.
Pity I already bought one. Thank god I didn't spend $300 or something.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 25 Jun 2012, 03:19 2 0
Google needs to take over updates on all Nexus devices. There should have been no reason for the Verizon GN to have such a delayed update to 4.0.4
23. Mxyzptlk posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:39 0 4
And you actually believe that nonsense?
ROFL. Seems like they're getting as bad as Motorola now when it comes to updates. I'd take this with a grain of salt.
26. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:44 0 0
It's more wishful hoping than actually believing.
36. Non_Sequitur posted on 25 Jun 2012, 06:45 3 0
It's the carrier's fault, you tool. Not the fault of Google or Samsung. All slow updates are the faults of carriers. Why do you think the T-mo GSII got the ICS update 2 weeks ago, AT&T got theirs last night, and Sprint is still working? It's the fault of the carriers, dumbass.
54. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:21 1 0
There is no real importance of a back camera on a tablet... Someone who holds up their tablet to take a picture just looks stupid. That's what your phone is for, or just you're digital camera. The only camera necessary on a tablet is the front camera, because if you video chat, it's more comfortable on a tablet than a phone.
64. deadma44 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:41 0 0
"Wendy" needs a camera on her tablet and, in lieu of this, opts for an iPad. What a surprise.
66. remixfa posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:49 0 0
because there is no tablet between 200 and 500 that offers a camera? lol. yes.. the nexus tablet has no camera. why the heck do u need a rear camera anyways? i have one.. heck, i have 2 since its 3D, and I never use the darn things. ever.
22. GalaxyNexus posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:10 1 0
Google Also need to create Nexus Tablet Pro with better hardware.
29. zhypher_23 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 05:18 1 0
Agree, Probably a more pricey one for the people who want this but better in specs+hardware :)
55. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:24 0 0
The only differences they could do to make it better is more RAM and a bigger, higher res screen, maybe a better front camera. But even then, I would pay an extra couple hundred for that
27. tarozeero posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:51 0 2
But... It's an Android tablet :/
What a shame. Actually looks good. Cheap too.
33. longhairbilly posted on 25 Jun 2012, 06:23 0 0
Google Wallet? I can say for sure that I'll never use that feature on a tablet. With NFC on board I guess it can't hurt for Google to include it.
38. nicholassss posted on 25 Jun 2012, 07:13 0 0
looks great for 200 bucks. I've never used the camera on a tab. my phone works better for that anyway.
44. remixfa posted on 25 Jun 2012, 08:39 3 0
sounds awesome. But I need a bigger tablet. 9-11 inches would be about right. If they would pull a 10.1 inch tablet for 300 bux, that would flip the whole tablet sector on its head (and really piss off a few vendors..lol)
45. bayusuputra posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:10 2 0
yeah, i guess a bigger screen would be better for a tablet.. like 10.1".. with card slot if possible, or at least USB host/OTG mode..
I would gladly sacrifice camera for that.. who really needs rear camera on a tablet?
56. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:26 0 0
It would be nice for it to have a bigger display, I always thought that tablets were too small. The Toshiba Excite 13, I absolutely love.
46. ChafedBanana posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:45 2 2
Looks like it will be great for watching porn!
47. ryantbdm posted on 25 Jun 2012, 09:58 0 2
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? Who is writing these articles?
48. rpankaj posted on 25 Jun 2012, 10:39 0 0
i want one plz... i will plead to dad for getting one to me..
50. KingKurogiii posted on 25 Jun 2012, 12:20 1 0
oh if only it were like 8.5" i'd be all over this. it looks damn smexy, damn damn smexy. o.o
58. DWillyEfect posted on 25 Jun 2012, 15:56 0 0
Yeah, I played with a Motorola Xyboard 8.2 in a Verizon store and thought that it was about a perfect size for a tablet, screen is a good size and still portable.
7 inches is fine for me though, but if I bought a 10 inch tablet, I would want a docking keyboard like the Transformer Prime so it could be a laptop as well.
51. Phaze0085 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 12:47 1 0
Can I use it as a big phone as well? That would be something!
59. gallitoking posted on 25 Jun 2012, 17:46 0 6
Google is very smart they named their budget tablet Nexus and the geeks will run down to get it.. based only that is pure Google experience and will always be updated, but then backpedal when their phone is stuck in Gingerbread saying that is still better than anything out there.. I don't know but which one is it... if having Gingy is fine why rush to get a nexus whatever?... I am from Apple so don't understand this.. can someone smart explain it to me..
60. PapaSmurf posted on 25 Jun 2012, 18:57 4 0
Apple is very smart by releasing a larger version of their iPod Touch and call it an iPad so people run to the Apple store.
I have ICS. Now that being said, I had GB and it was fantastic. Gingerbread, for being a year and eight months almost, is still more advanced than iOS6 and WP8 is matching its features. Everything iOS 6 has GB had since Dec 2010.
You're perfectly fine with iOS 5 right? So why upgrade to iOS 6?
61. andyboi_ph posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:54 1 0
i dont care about the missing rear camera, as long as it runs on a powerful quad-core Tegra 3 chip and Jelly Bean flavored and affordable tag price, i'll get one soon
62. zhypher_23 posted on 26 Jun 2012, 04:20 1 1
Thumbs up if you want Google to make a more expensive version and add the rear camera+SD Card if possible
63. LiudvikasLTU posted on 26 Jun 2012, 15:20 0 0
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
This is the best tablet! It has the best features for that low cost :D
67. CRICKETownz posted on 27 Jun 2012, 10:50 0 0
Sick looking tablet...i'd like to see it in action.