Google Nexus 4 back in stock in Germany, coming later today in U.S. and Canada
After weeks off the market, today, the Nexus 4 has finally appeared up for sale in Germany and it is believed that it will hit the U.S. and Canadian Google Play stores later on today. Keep that finger on the refresh button.
If you are wondering what’s the reason for the extremely limited supply of available Nexus 4 devices, LG France recently revealed that it’s simply a matter of insufficient orders from Google. The search company allegedly miscalculated demand using data from its Galaxy Nexus sales. It’s hard to believe, though, that Google, the data company, would not be able to predict the demand for a $299 high-end smartphone (similar Galaxy S III costs in the $600 ballpark, just for comparison).
Hopefully, LG will live up to its promise and supplies for Nexus 4 will get better starting in mid-February.
source: Reddit, The Verge
2. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Lg was going to launch it in India in January...
But still no sign
3. AfterShock (Posts: 2044; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Twas a cover up for LG, Google probably had to make them realize they have to stock it.
4. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
How fast will it sell out in the States? I'm pretty sure I won't even have a chance at one.
16. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Well, I bought one! A Black 16GB Nexus 4!
I hope it's worth it! That money could have gone to more nefarious things.
5. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
is there a notification service of some sort? (on any site)
6. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Im gonna bet the nexus 4 will be sold out in 24hrs again
7. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Get ready for another google playstore crash.... They said they were ready the second time when the phone got restocked. I hope I can finally get myself one....
8. R-vjn (Posts: 161; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Wow the N4 is backk..! I hope to see a launch in India too ..which is very unlikely to happen :-/
About the order, hmm, may be Google underestimated LG's capability to give out a good Nexus and hence didn't ordered much, lols. hahaha...but in contrast they just made the best Nexus ever to date...!
9. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
It's back in stock in the US! Everyone who wants one go now!
11. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Just got a 16GB one :D Very smooth transaction this time around
12. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
I got an 8GB. Not 100% sure I'm going to use it. I've got to find someone to take on liability of my verizon contract first (grandfathered unlimited)
13. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Now that won't be too hard now especially when you have that option on your contract. Good luck on finding someone to take on your verizon contract! :)
14. greathero1 (Posts: 458; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Just sell you old phone and pay the difference. That's what I did last month with my VZ account. Now I'm just hoping to recuperate at least $275 for my One S to offset the cost of the Nexus 4 I just ordered.
15. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
I plan on selling my gnex with my account. It should be enough to cover the cost of the nexus 4. I am so happy to ditch verizon.