Edge Single Plus display mode
Galaxy S7 Edge name confirmed by Samsung, check out the new edge display features
17. quakan (Posts: 1349; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
He was being a douche and counted every word in their statement
20. TypicalGeek (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Feb 2015)
I honestly thought he was dumb. Boy was I wrong.
28. AlikMalix (Posts: 4816; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I believe I've already seen how icons blur into the background when you pull a menu from the edge somewhere else - hmmm. I also remember how everyone who's praising this UI said that the UI I'm talking about is ugly. Ah the irony.
31. catze86 (Posts: 501; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
Sir, because those icons + huge bezels = Ugly.
36. FluffyBled (Posts: 444; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
I am pretty sure the Galaxy S6 edge background also blurs when you use the edge screen, and it came before your beloved latest apple product!
37. AlikMalix (Posts: 4816; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
iOS 7... Came out more than 2 years ago buddy. Galaxy s6 was last year.
2. ushoda (Posts: 37; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
at one point the edge will come across all the screen.... and it'll become.... the same as a 2nd homescreen ¬¬
3. maherk (Posts: 3347; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Those Edge features are also coming with the marshmallow update to the S6 Edge and Edge+.
4. manojmcn (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
Touchwiz, indeed, is getting really better starting with the S6.
S7/Edge may be the best effort. Yes, one negative area is the slow update cycle, because Samsung phone have more additional features embedded to the Android code than others. If they can find a smart solution & deliver the earliest update among other Android manufacturers, they should be able to sell a few more million smartphones every quarter. LG may not be doing well with sales, but are seriously trying to deliver faster updates.
5. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Why android comes up with one way crapper ver 1 time per year and then just does small updates and never ads anything new
, Samsung looks to have done the same with the new update and added more than what Google did with there update
21. joevsyou (Posts: 666; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
there was news about samsung is going to begin working with google to provide better/faster updates about a month or so ago. Hopefully for the future it will help.
You would think google would want much faster updates from Samsung long time ago with them being the #1 contributor to android makers
6. Clars123 (Posts: 549; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
So I'm guessing that's the final UI then...in that case first thing I'm doing is getting rid of those nasty squircles around app icons in the settings menu
22. joevsyou (Posts: 666; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
You can turn it off/ on according to marshallow beta testers.
Either way i don't understand why Samsung would make it default
8. hboy857 (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
At this rate Samsung will have nothing left to surprise us.
9. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 1837; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Awesome, finally materializing the many potential uses of the edge display. There's so much it can be put to use for, including:
- Quick switch/multitasking between multiple apps in a single tap
- Dedicated notification banner placeholder, reserving your entire main screen to the content that currently matters most.
- Dedicated status bar placeholder
- Dedicated media/navigation/editting controls placeholder when in the right app
- Dedicated gesture surface to perform tasker-like actions
- Dedicated quick toggles placeholder
- Battery saving methodology for glancing through pending notifications without turning on your main screen.
- Notification light you can see regardless if the phone is facing up or down
Wonder if they'd ever update the S6 edge with such features in the furtue though :p
10. Ghost04 (Posts: 318; Member since: 03 May 2014)
At last they understood that bigger battery is is an important feature .
19. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7769; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
More of the last S6 battery-life is kinda low.
I had the Edge and Edge+. I hadnt had a Galaxy S since the S3. So I had forgotten how much battery-life it had after being spoiled by 2 day battery-life in my Note's.
I can say my Edge+ did last as long as my Note 5 does, and the Edge I had was good, but not as good as I wanted it to be since I had to charge it everyday.
13. der_damo (Posts: 159; Member since: 16 Sep 2014)
looks promising - interested in switching from an iPhone this year :o
33. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 423; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Good choice. Join the light side.
14. Dodong (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Jul 2015)
All i want is bigger battery on my note 5 and I am happy with that.
34. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 423; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
If it was removeable like on Note 4 you could just have switched it to an extended. Stupid, sexy Samsung...
39. kajam (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Jun 2015)
Really all we need in note 5 and next one to be able to remove/uninstall unwanted apps and that will save a huge battery life
15. Macky (banned) (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Jan 2016)
am not the biggest Sammy fan , but that UI is pretty and eye catching *hats off*
35. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 423; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Haha, in 5 years maybe iOS will "innovate" these features.
18. oozz009 (Posts: 458; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
Hmm yes they did use a lot of transparency like iOS 7 (and +) but at this point this no longer matters, it's Samsung after all. The end result is nice thought, that what matters most.
23. aegislash (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Haven't we known about the new Edge features for a while now? Thought they were part of the Marshmallow beta for S6 Edge users.
26. Clars123 (Posts: 549; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
this is an SDK for developers to add more functions
32. catze86 (Posts: 501; Member since: 07 Dec 2015)
Because 95% buyers if they want to update the OS they want to update theie phone too.
Update is just an option. If the old OS is more than enough, then it is enough.
29. Mreveryphone (Posts: 360; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Interesting... Let's see if the note edge makes a comeback with the features... These would look beautiful on the full edge screen!
38. shnibz (Posts: 270; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Man I'm waiting for these to come out so I can get an S6 edge for a good bit cheaper :) I love that phone and its still PLENTY powerful and has a great camera. I messed up when I bought the G4 last year. Did it because the G2 was previously my favorite phone I ever had. Lesson learned I suppose