Galaxy S6 edge drop, water and nutcracker tests show stellar durability
30. JaneChenLong (Posts: 374; Member since: 18 Mar 2015)
The BEST smartphone until this september...
I'm gonna get the NEXT BEST smartphone in september.... Galaxy Note 5
37. Doakie (Posts: 1893; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I want the Iron Man edition one. But I'd also be happy with the Captain America version. That's what it would take for me to trade in my OnePlus One.
39. _moboy (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
Yeah it looks great! Especially the Iron Man version
4. datguyglad (Posts: 98; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
Yup beautiful and super tough..! I'm sold.
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2027; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I would still consider it durable as it made it that far. Other phones might have not made it. Great job sammy on testing out your phone's quality before selling them unlike cough*apple*cough
9. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Umm.....how are those pictures showing a durable phone? It looks pretty rekt to me even though it might still 'work'...
11. _moboy (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
A fall of any and most smartphones from shoulder height landing directly on its screen? Try it and tell me the color of your motherboard.
13. drunkenjay (Posts: 860; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
and this my friends is what we a called a sub species known as the "troll" it lurks under the bridge until the humans make an opening and bites them from behind. Trolls are known to be sadists narcissists and psychopaths.
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cant stop laughing at the 3rd video lol. Hilarious!!!
but Samsung has just informed other OEMs how to make a real worthy smartphone
16. guil.power (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Mar 2015)
let the butthurt ifag comments begin!
17. mrej201 (Posts: 226; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
wait wait wait but some people here said that samsung was going to fail the edge screen are not durable none is going to buy it..etc etc...
21. maherk (Posts: 3493; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Don't worry, they ll always have their silly reasons to hate on Samsung phones. They once hated on the S6's box!! We all know that the reason they are hating, simply because Samsung will crush the competition this year.
27. twens (Posts: 964; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Who cares if they hate? All that matters is I am buying a sexy durable yet technologically advance smartphone. If you think you have a better phone that's your own wahala!!!! S6 edge is just the phone to beat, I'm sure even Apple knows samsung has raised the bar. Only the ships pretend not to see it. Give one area where the iPhone exceeds the s6 edge and they can't name one. iOS is smooth fine, but it's that way because it can't do half what android does.
31. maherk (Posts: 3493; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The Note series was always an improvement over the great Galaxy series. I can't imagine how Samsung will be able to make a perfect phone in the S6 even better with the Note 5.
I guess the sky is the limit for Samsung atm, they are proving to the whole world that 2014 was a slip, not a downfall like haters were wishing for.
26. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Beautiful Outside Best Inside Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
28. ciprian_xro (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
I am not surprised of this phone. I saw this >Nokia Lumia Screen 900 Hammer Test< on youtube 3 years ago and samsung did nothing like that. perhaps that is why they were makeing crappy phones to make the customer buy new parts and replace! sorry for my english!
34. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8946; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung has shown how they test their phones. They show them spray them with a huge amount of water for a considerable amount of time with very good results. The only holes on the device is he speaker, mini-USB and headphone jack. The phone is sealed. Unless you break the seal by opening it, water should only get in through the holes.
Now I didn't expect him to submerge the device in water. The fact it lasted 20 minutes is a surprised. I expected it to last maybe 5. The iPhone would have died in less than 5 I am sure of it.
This device is certainly premium. In his drop tests, we have no idea how many times he actually drop the phone before he finally cracked it. Remember they typically edit the video to the point they actual carked the phone. Samsung show these phones dropping 100's of times and not cracking.
One thing this does show is, if I get this phone I still won't need a case.
Samsung putting Gorilla glass onto the metal is a very smart move. It will be impossible for you to scratch up the phone, except where the metal is exposed.
35. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8946; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
How Samsung stress test their devices -http://mashable.com/2012/11/26
36. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
8 year iPhone user here.
I've switched to Android once before when I got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Just wanted to see what Android had to offer. It was a nice phone, but I was having way too many issues with messaging. Especially MMS. It was cluttery and the design was of course all plastic. I got annoyed and switched back to my iPhone. Hey, I gave it a try.
With the Galaxy S6 Edge, for once, when I look at a high end Android device, I can say it has quality. The HTC M8 is made of aluminium, but it's still not that elegant looking. S6 Edge is a beauty. I just might try this phone out. Samsung should have done this a long time ago. It's elegant, powerful, and Lollipop kicks ass!
42. buccob (Posts: 2522; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Hey, just out of curiousity... why is it that people from the USA love so much using MMS instead of apps such as whatsapp, hangouts, etc for picture sharing?
In my country MMS is NEVER used and I have always wondered about the advantages (besides not relying on data signal)
46. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Mostly just because of the convenience of having all your MMS and SMS in the same place...
47. buccob (Posts: 2522; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Even with the advent of iMessage / Hangouts / Google Message etc that integrates both services?
51. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yea people don't even know the advantages of most of these services, that's the problem.
What country are you from? Just curious.
63. buccob (Posts: 2522; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Thanks for your answers,
I am from Venezuela... people here were crazy about Blackberries a while ago so almost everybody knew how to use Blackberry Messenger, and then Android took over and the next best IM was Whatsapp, so people in general learned how to take advantage.
But the thing is I almost NEVER saw people using MMS... Before Blackberries, most people never shared mobile phone's pictures...
58. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah I use Hangouts as my SMS and MMS app, but AFAIK it acts just like any normal SMS app...
49. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Well to answer your question for myself personally, since I use an iPhone, and so does 90% of my immediate circle, we use iMessage. It's the same concept as Whatsapp, or Kik. It's when I send photos to Android is when I get into the most trouble. I would gladly use Whatsapp on the side, but no one else downloads it. Not sure why.
60. RoboticEngi (Posts: 604; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Problem is that everyone needs to use the same service. With SMS/MMS you really dont care about that.
61. JaneChenLong (Posts: 374; Member since: 18 Mar 2015)
Perhaps in your country SMS/MMS cost an arm and a leg.
In some part of the world, SMS/MMS is almost free (included in price plan).
48. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
cool, it doesn't break easy, i bet it's soldered in battery sucks though
56. xuerantiger (Posts: 52; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
wow that's pretty awesome, especially considering it's an all glass phone
62. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Where are the haters? Kumar123 Where are you?
64. GreenZone (Posts: 146; Member since: 04 Mar 2014)
I'm an apple guy, but this phone has the beauty and durability!