Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner might be embedded at the bottom corners of a bezel-less display
1. rihel_95 (Posts: 240; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Hope sammy does it in the right way and it should work as it is supposed to do. High hopes. Sounds awesome.
2. Klamba92 (Posts: 206; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Wow now I'm interested hopefully they stick with an improved 1080p screen instead of QHD! On screen keys would be great and hopefully faster than the buttons if there is not too much bloat. Especially with kitkat immersive mode there won't be any wasted screen real estate
3. twens (Posts: 700; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Even if I buy the s5 with a finger print scanner tech I see myself hardly using it.
5. UglyFrank (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
This would beat the iPhone's implementation of the tech and hopefully prevent lawsuits because apple wouldn't be able to say they had a similar home button or a fingerprint scanner in the home button.
7. Sauce (unregistered)
Apple already has a filed patent for a specific type of on-screen biocensor. The patent itself is a few years old.
9. tedkord (Posts: 5283; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple files patents all the time for any idea they can come up with whether they have worked in it or not.
8. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
I could care less for fingerprint, bring us the iris scanner!
10. fzacek (Posts: 2232; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I hope that the S5 or one of these new phones will finally be an iPhone killer... Dream on...