Foxconn re-opens factory that had been shuttered due to fight
how they are being treated by Foxconn security guards and managers. Without a process for workers to air grievances about unfair labor practices, violence is the only way that they can speak out.
The four hour fight took place at a Foxconn facility where it is believed that back covers for the Apple iPhone 5 are produced, although others claim that the Nintendo Wii console is the focus of that factory's assembly line. As for Foxconn and Apple, we would imagine that insurance will cover any damage to the factory and any lost business that Apple had been counting on.
source: AP via SlashGear
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Ok guy, play times over...
No iPhone 5 for a week :)
2. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This is what happen when you have people produce iPhones..
its so lousy that the workers ragggee!
3. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 356; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Hahahahaha I can't believe you turned it around into how much the iPhone sucks!! Hahaha unbelievable people!! :)
4. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Yeah, people got hurt but lets be thankful that somebody's iphone will come in time, bunch of ignorent people.
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6114; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Looks like Apple doesn't even care bout FOXXCON workers
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I was more worried for the workers who got hurt or will get punished by Foxconn for rioting in some way (make them work extra hours or hold back food or pay, etc.) than for any kind of delay on the Iphone 5.
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sadly, I did really hear a couple of coworkers commenting on how terrible the situation was, since iPhone production could suffer... My fellow humans never cease to disappoint me.
9. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Good now we can get those slaves back to work to satiate western demand for overpriced electronics.