Facebook App Center launches
1. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Facebook should just start backing up, honestly. If they can't make a decent mobile app, they shouldn't be doing an app store.
It's a social network, for God's sakes. Nothing more, nothing less.
4. aquariumdude (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
totally agree with that. also with the rumored 'Facebook' phone? what utter bs no one would buy that you have the app why a phone?
2. tlsmithsr (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
SMH... Why? I mean come on I can see Facebook using this on the "Facebook Phone" but to launch this today. Really? Sooo I have to go into Google Play search for the Facebook App Center and download it to look for more Apps..
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2669; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Same reason Amazon launched its Appstore to the general public before its own hardware: you need to test a new service and fix any problems before putting it on your branded device.
5. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I think Facebook is trying to delve into too many sectors at the same time. What's next? The Facebook Bookstore? Facebook Maps? They should stick to one thing and do it extremely well. Their business model is starting to suck.