DynaOptics promises to bring real optical zoom to thin smartphones next year
2. UglyFrank (Posts: 1601; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
18th Oct 2014
"Apple have acquired DynaOptics and currently in the rebranding stage"
3. bendgate (unregistered)
Nope. They are currently developing bendable zoom.
8. alumoyo (Posts: 348; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Sept 2015 - Apple launches iPhone 6s with slim optical zoom
Feb 2016 - Samsung launches Galaxy S6 with slim optical zoom
5. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 243; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Maaan. Think about the successor to Lumia 1020: Patent agreement with Canon, maybe something from Pelican Imaging and MAAAAYBE this............*Dreaming* :D
7. p51d007 (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Zoom is nice, but, the quality of the image, will still be hampered by the SIZE of the image SENSOR. Simply sticking more and more megapixels on a sensor, the size of the ones in traditional smart phones, will NOT increase the quality of the device, if in less than ideal lighting conditions. The sensor size needs to somehow increase, along with optical zooming, before you will see a substantial increase, in the quality of the smartphone camera.
10. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I don't quite understand how that works...