Did Apple sell over 50 million Apple iPhones during the last quarter?
So just how many iPhones did Apple sell in its first fiscal quarter? Keep in mind that this is the last three month period that will not include sales from China Mobile. The world's largest carrier, with 763 million subscribers, launched the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c on Friday.
44 analysts, 27 of them professionals who ply their trade on the Street, have a consensus estimate of 55.3 million iPhones sold in the period. That would be a 16% gain over the same period last year. And this year, both the pros and the amateurs are not that far apart with their estimates. The average guess from amateurs is that Apple sold 57.1 million units of the iPhone last quarter. That is just 3 million more than the estimates from the professionals.
The most bullish guess comes from non-pro Faizal Kara from the Braeburn Group, who expects Apple to report 59.73 million iPhone sales for the quarter. The same Group is responsible for the lowest estimate, 50 million units sold, which comes from Ilari Scheinin. Last year, Apple reported sales of 47.79 million iPhones for the first quarter. In case you're wondering, Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster is looking for Apple to report 55.5 million iPhones sold in the quarter while Peter Misek of Jefferies is looking for Apple to report sales of 55 million units for the period.
Apple set to report Q1 earnings next week Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Alleged Apple iPhone 6 front panel leaks, corroborates 4.7-inch display size
15 Apr 2014, 05:39
Apple set to report Q1 earnings next week
1. Chart of quarterly iPhone sales since the beginning including estimates for last quarter
2. Pro and amateur estimates for Q1 iPhone sales
source: Fortune via Ubergizmo
1. bucky (Posts: 1222; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I wouldn't be surprised. It's been absolutely flawless for me
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yeh but every apple product is flawless for you...
15. androiphone20 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
the part he failed to understand :/
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ditto Bucky, my 5s is my go to device. Best overall device on the market IMHO +1
23. hapticg (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Jan 2014)
Apple devices are good in terms of smoothness and performance buy 4"inch screen and unable to select default browsers and all have always stopped me from using iPhones from more than 2 days
26. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I can choose any defauly browser I want. I can do almost anything on my iPhone 5s and laugh at the ignorant folk like you lol
42. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 222; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
There is a difference between installing third party browsers and making them default. So you say when opening a link in for example an email, it opens with the browser you want?
51. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yes. When I click on a link, it will open in Dolphin browser, or any browser I set as my default in settings. My next sentence isnt directed at you, but at the general public on this website. So many people on here trash talk iPhone on it's lacking features, when in reality, it can do anything an Android can do, and has been doing it way before Android, including Air Gestures, default browsers, pattern unlocks, detach video panes and multitask, multitasking, that keyboard swipe bullsh*t, Widgets, root access and file management, torrenting through the phone, torrent desktop remotes and managers, free tethering tools, and not to mention, COMPLETE CUSTOMIZATION of anything you wish that is on your phone, etc etc etc. The list can go on forever. So many people against Apple lack knowledge on this, and it is funny haha. A quick jailbreak (takes 3 minutes tops) and you're good to go. Not to mention the community behind it.
So yes, I can, and many many others can, set a default browser that will open when a link is clicked, something I've been doing since my iPhone "2".
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I have like five different browsers dude. What the heck are you talking about. Tell em sauce. +1
31. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But he said default browser. If you click a web link in an email, what browser does it open in?
41. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Dolphin. Chrome. Whatever I want my default browser to be. Im surprised out of all people you don't know this can be done D:
Btw, safari rocks lol.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Safari is the best browser I've used. The cut copy paste, text to speech, reader feature that actually works, built in dictionary are some of its stand out features.
40. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Any browser I choose. Keep lacking the basic knowledge.
48. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Only if you copy and paste the URL or if your jailbroken. Clicking the link will open in Safari.
50. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Clicking a link will open it in Dolphin for me. Why are you still trying to prove me wrong lmao. Go get educated sir.
65. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You're jail broken. You proved yourself wrong. As far as education, physician, heal thyself.
59. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The point is that i can be done.. there.. any further questions.
64. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not by default. On any Android device without any tinkering I can click on a link and have it open in any browser I choose.
55. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Here you go. Btw, no other browser is listed in the internal settings of BrowserChooser because I enjoy using Safari and enjoy using its superior speeds. But just to educate you and everyone else in this thread, I made it easy: look at the screenshots for yourself.
P.s. Random home screen image because I love my home screen on my iPhone 5s.
63. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Browser Chooser is a Cydia app. You're jail broken. On a stock iPhone, you cannot chose another default browser, which is what I said earlier, "only if you cut and paste the URL or are jail broken. "
66. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I wouldn't bitch at something you can do from Rooting. A phone's a phone. Point is, it can be done. Stop crying so hard and get over it lol... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
67. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If I install Windows in a Mac I can run windows programs, too. So what? I've said from the beginning of this thread that you need to be jail broken to open a link in a different browser, you argued with that. You were wrong. I don't need to be rooted to pick any browser I want as default.
68. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
At the end of the day your rooted android is still an android, and my rooted iphone is still an iphone. Anything can be done on any product. If you werent such a closed minded bimbo, you would realize that
69. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Here it is in simple terms. I stated that you couldn't open a link in another browser than Safari unless you copied and pasted the link or were jail broken. You insisted you could. You were wrong. Period.
A jail broken iPhone is not the same as a stock iPhone. A rooted Android is not the same as a stock Android. Regardless, I don't need root to choose any browser I want to open a link. You need jail break.
70. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I do not need jailbreak. I would sit quiet if you were right. For those who don't know, like yourself, there are settings you can set from IFTTT. I used to use this. Stock iPhone. If link is enabled, then open in ______ browser. Anyway, carry on.
71. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Uh huh. That's why you showed screen shots of a jail broken iPhone issuing a cydia app. Using a third party app that cuts and pastes the URL to another browser still isn't changing the default browser. It meets my first condition of cutting and pasting.
72. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
What I am saying is that if you dont jailbreal, you can do it normally using a command (IFTTT). If you click on a link, it will open in a chosen browser. No copy pasting. Nothing. Look it up. It's called IFTTT.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
73. tedkord (Posts: 3936; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I am already aware of If This Then That. It still hasn't changed the default browser. It can't because the browser is hard coded into iOS. You are just using a third party app to cut and paste the URL for you
74. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Then explain why it works. Explain to me why when I click on a link (using ifttt) it will open that link in chrome or dolphin. No copy and pasting. Just straight up click and open.
53. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
These fandroids only see in Black and White, and have not been exposed to the full potential of an iPhone, especially the 5s. I love my Note 2 and all, and can't go wrong, but I'm always sticking with my quality Apple product. Check out my huge paragraph reply to some guy above. Cheers mate!
56. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 222; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Don't judge all fandroids all at once. And I think you are refering to me as the some guy ;)
I know jailbroken iPhones can do a lot more than most people know. But normally when talking about options and possibilties of a phone, I don't take in consideration rooting and jailbreaking, since avarage Joe doesn't know how to or even knows about this option.
Ps nice homescreen ;)
PPS I own an iPhone as wel (4S), what jailbreak do you use?
62. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yea my mistake there saying "fandroids". Youre right. Anyway, it's Evasion 7 :) loving it!
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 9313; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And iPhones don't have 4 inch screens, it's 40 inches ;)
58. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 222; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
LOL @ Phone Arena User Education
17. dickwyn (Posts: 552; Member since: 07 May 2012)
well i think its possible cause i see quite a number of people using it
28. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung user should also be happy that Apple is doing well. Keep Samsung on their toes and continue to bring worthwhile product at a reasonable price.
2. alan_1230 (Posts: 68; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
its a good phone i have my 5s with beta 4 and it's a flawless device for me ! lasts all day with no charge and does everything i need it to do ! just hope next iteration is slightly bigger .
3. Sauce (Posts: 1114; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Well said. A tad bit bigger and it would be perfect (in MY opinion). Stretch the sides and clear top/bottom bezels. Boom.
47. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i can imagine John Madden saying this circling over a still image of an iphone. hahaha!!!
4. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 84; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
You know it wasn't the 5C or 5Cheap selling that many tho. LOL.
5. wilsong17 (Posts: 264; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
and yet android is 83 percent worldwide and growing
i would go to apple if they make a device like the note 3
apple has good gaming app
7. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Who is this android company you're talking about? How many phones did Android sell?
8. AfterShock (Posts: 1289; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Kind of like how MS is largest PC Os Is in the world, but makes few PCs.
9. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yeah do you see the word iOS anywhere in the article?
12. AfterShock (Posts: 1289; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Details huh lol
It's all how it's interpreted.
13. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 845; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This isn't about the operating system.
25. Topcat488 (Posts: 1042; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
It would be superfluous to say ios, because Apple iphone is the only brand on ios... Duh...
Whereas on Windows & Android there are many different OEM's. If Apple opened up to more OEM's then what? Samsung dominates it.
45. willard12 (Posts: 555; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
The Samsung Company did 65 million during 1st qtr last year.
21. CreeDiddy (Posts: 203; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
wilsong17 I hate to say it, but market share doesn't tell the entire story of winning the race. Break out every Android manufacturer from the market share pie and figure out the cost of doing business and how much they are making. That's the real story.
Again Samsung and Apple are wiping the table clean in all phases. No need to compare 50 Android manufacturer's to Apple.