Cases for iPhone 5 surface in AT&T stores
The cases have arrived just a day after a screenshot leaked showing iPhone 5 cases from the brand Case-Mate in the AT&T inventory system. The cases in the photo are not from Case-Mate, but they clearly say iPhone 5 on the packaging and appear to be consistent with the rumored appearance of the next-generation iPhone.
It appears to be thinner and longer like many other leaks have suggested, possibly even the tapered design. You can also see that the mute switch has been switched to the opposite side of the cases, away from the volume buttons.
Now that cases have started arriving, maybe it is time to speculate on the release date of the iPhone 5. How close will it be to the October 4 event, a week? Or maybe that October 14 rumor will hold water and the new iPhones are only two weeks away from going public.
source: Mac Rumors
1. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 08:21 5 2
This does not even look like ATT packaging.
11. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:54 6 0
My point exactly. Official products would NEVER format iPhone as IPHONE
20. bree (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2011, 18:54 0 0
On cases every letter is CAPS LOCkED so there is no confusion
3. K1N9J posted on 30 Sep 2011, 08:36 3 0
yeah that doesnt look like any ATT store casing i've seen.
6. LOLapplethecrapplenotsnapple (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:30 0 1
That must be a really bad knock off privately owned store that cares nothing about how their packaging looks lol
Those look like generic packages from 12 years ago.
SMH...I guess they need to save money because their inventory cost is going to shoot up due to the next crapple phone. Probably Retail $1200 for an APP Launcher that cracks when the wind blows! lol
7. Lanz (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:30 0 0
Probably and indirect AT&T store
13. Ian.M posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:56 1 0
The source didn't specify if it was a corporate or a 3rd party store... I'm going to assume it's the latter
14. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 10:06 0 0
That would make more sense.
8. PimpStrong posted on 30 Sep 2011, 09:45 0 0
Yeah the iPhone 5 is gonna be about a quarter of a damn inch. That's cool but damn that would be odd to use without a case.
15. wierdo (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 12:51 0 0
um yeah i work for at&t and i can tell you that is not our packaging. i think the writer of the article needs to look a lil closer
17. james29 (unregistered) posted on 30 Sep 2011, 13:29 0 0
clearly for an indirect store. we use these same cases for tons of different accessories with different print typed into each blank. and iKingtrust, most labelers for these generic packagings only print capital letters. When people are looking for them its easy to read and they dont care about the minute details that you do.
19. Asher (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2011, 02:13 0 0
This is deff not At&t packaging! and since when did they start selling covers like that, only top of the line like outterbox is what i know of them selling, but hey i just work there.