BBM sees an increase in monthly active users
1. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
This is great news! Keep moving forward, BlackBerry!
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
true, we are all behind you, thats if you make a killer spec phone and apps
3. dome888 (Posts: 71; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Hangouts is still the best, login from any device simultaneously, beat that
4. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
I damn near deleted my BBM app. Forgot I had the damn app on my phone.
5. tatail (Posts: 246; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
I don't know what other people use BBM for, but I personally use it for calling overseas.
The call quality is just sweet. Of course this with people who use Android and iPhones.
Has saved me a lot of money lately. Before I used Viber, Skype and Rebtel.
Between Viber and Skype, Viber had better call quality but man BBM just kills it.
My other option has always been Rebtel but as most of you may not know it is a paid service so it is not best alternate.
Now with BBM it is just great.
6. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
115 million registered user, 85 million (monthly) active user in march
160 million registered user, 85 million (monthly) active user in june
it seems to me bbm is stuck!!
9. meanestgenius (Posts: 7863; Member since: 28 May 2014)
It's seems you have a TROLLING obsession with BlackBerry. You should seek immediate help.
7. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I write the summary here, and will update this every time I got new news in PA, so the bb addict will know how GREAT (sarcasm) their favorite company messaging service were
Q3 2013... 80 milion (monthly) active user
Q4 2013... 85 million (monthly) active user, 115 million registered user
Q1 2014... 85 million (monthly) active user, 160 million registered user
8. meanestgenius (Posts: 7863; Member since: 28 May 2014)
It's more monthly ACTIVE users than the others, INCLUDING WhatsCrap, so BlackBerry must be doing something right. WhatsCrap has 500 million REGISTERED users and only about 20 million use it monthly. That's 480 MILLION users who have chucked that crap to the side.
10. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Maybe you should do more research before praying for the false god.
As I said.... Line have 300 million MAU (monthly active user), WeChat HAVE 396 MILLION MAU (Monthly active user), Whats App has 450 Million MAU (monthly active user), whereas BBM only has 85 million MAU (monthly active user)
don't talk BS. That's the real number!!! BBM is the loosing compared to simpler messaging system such as Line, What's App & WeChat. People don't like to use complicated awkward alphabet sequence (pronounce by bb lover as PIN).