Apple iPad still dominating tablet traffic, but Kindle Fire and Nexus show gains
1. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Nexus tablets making alllll kindzzz of gainzzzzzzz all kindzzzz
26. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Nexus Tabs has been released for only a short time (& a lot of countries dont even have it YET) , give it another Year & then we will see !!!
2. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I still think this sounds absurd. People aren't not going on the web on other tablets; they just aren't viewing mobile versions of websites while on those devices.
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
This by god THIS. No one uses the mobile version (except iNovelty users) because on android phones and tablets it is so much easier and more functional to use the full desktop version. Misleading article.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 17519; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Stop the excuses. Give credit where its due. Apple isnt the top dog, but they're still one of the top dogs
12. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Uh it's not an "excuse". It's pointing out a glaring flaw in the way that data is aquired. Duh?
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 4747; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Actually, my android browser report to site that its a mac safari. What irony!
25. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's not an excuse. As I said in the article, the numbers don't make sense. Apple only has 50% of the tablet market, so unless most of Android tablet users NEVER use their browsers, the numbers here cannot reflect reality.
24. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I have been thinking about this since writing this article. Given that Apple only has 50% of the tablet market, there had to be a reason why the numbers were getting skewed so high. I could definitely believe that iPad users tend to use Safari more than apps (possibly because Android users tend to be more tech savvy).
Have you seen any actual studies about this? I want to write the article, but it works better to have something to back it up, rather than just theory.
6. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
The ipad has that much market share because android tablet users request desktop site versions. I never use mobile site when on my tablet.
8. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Jesus does this guy own stock in apple or something? Seems to me he reports on the smallest most insignificant piece of apple related news.
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Actually, it's just my job to report on mobile stories. And if you read the whole post, you might have noticed that I don't fully believe the numbers given
10. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
user agents can be changed - this analysis is flawed....reminds me of APPLE products...
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
PA, WHY MY COMMENT GOT DELETED??
I ASKED: DOES IPAD SAFARI HAVE A DESKTOP MODE
23. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We can't delete comments, only hide them, so there may have been an issue when you tried to post it.
As per your question, Safari defaults to the desktop mode for a given website, unless it has a specific iPad version, but, there's no option to force a mobile or desktop version of a site in Safari.
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Loving my iPad4 :D I can see why people are snapping these up over Android tablets, although the droid tablets are far more functional, the iPad has a s**te load more apps and vastly more mature UI, although I have yet to use a Nexus 10, maybe I will give that a try just to see where Android is at on tablets now. At this point though? Android is the best on smartphones while iOS is the best in tablets, it's great to have a combo of both, gives one a great perspective.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
However as per CISCO Android leads Apple on data usage (Ref figure 13 on following link):
-- 29% higher in terms of MB/Month/Device.
utions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ ns537/ns705/ns827/white_paper_ c11-520862.html
22. JunitoNH (Posts: 1395; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
If it were the other way around, you would be doing a dance and talking all kind of smack.
27. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Android logic = if its not praising Android...it's a conspiracy perpetrated by the "man" (Apple). Smh...sad but true, anyway bring on more concrete info about GSIV