Another day, another All New HTC One leak: post-capture focusing, pricing, and tap-to-wake seemingly confirmed
The brochure explains that the Duo Camera feature will enable users to choose the focus point after they've taken the shot, add various 3D effects, and soften the background of the image. According to the newly-surfaced infromation, the HTC phone will also include a tap-to-wake feature in Sense 6.0, similar to LG's KnockOn - simply double tap on the screen to wake the phone.
The carrier has priced the All New HTC one at AUD 840 off contract – this translates to $759 or EUR 547.
To see all information about the new HTC One, check out our rumor round-up story.
Information about the All New HTC One leaks yet again
1. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
The All New HTC One - The first smartphone that combines every feature ever introduced in a smartphone.
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Judging on your recent posts @emadshiny, you my friend is a hater towards HTC, u some how disappear.....but when an article about HTC is posted, you climb out of your rock and start bashing. Keep your comments to yourself or justface the fact that HTC is the best along with LG and sony
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I hate users like this.. We have the same handful of trolls pop up on every single WP/Lumia related article with nothing but negative comments.. Although you never see them on any other article..
Don't forget to add Nokia to that list.. Nokia, or Lumia devices, should be high on your list..
20. AfterShock (Posts: 2968; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
We have some wp shill managing to twist words an mention how great wp is in every non wp story.
Whoda think it.
26. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The lumia models are cool, with their awesome camera quality but the os is not my cup of tea and Nokia has bad reputation growing in it self
31. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Your comment shows who is a troll here.
Your comment has nothing to do with this article.
And I hate people like you who just try to get those thumbs up by supporting those who bash others.
47. Korgoth22 (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
Just a general question, not directed @emadshiny, does getting "thumbs up" to any given comment do anything, or is it just like an ego thing?
24. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
''you climb out of your rock'' lol I love this :D
30. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You know what?
You're not in a position to judge peoples personality and their ideas my friend.
I said and will say whatever I want about whatever I like. So its better for you to keep your judgments to yourself.
Your last sentence can be nominated as the joke of the year.
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You past three posts already guaranteed a winner for the award. :')
33. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL, the father of trolls is here.
I forgot about you posts, I will give the award to you.
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Judging by all of your comments, I'm pretty sure you deserve this award more than XperiaDROID. Just saying.
35. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
People are better judges than you.
Keep your breath, the award is yours.
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
HTC M8 volcano too hot enough that erupting before due date.
2. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Still no information about the megapixel count? I know its dual camera and that might be 13mp but still not sure.
3. hamad138 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
im a htc worker, it will be a 4Ultra Pixel one
6. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It is rumored that the bigger lens has a 5 or 4 mpand the top one has a 2 mp lens. But they said it will out do 13 mp interms of resolution and depth of view even focusing is much more advanced. Fingers crossed HTC this has to be your year, Sammy already knows that the s5 is going to have disappointing sales and that's your jab HTC take it.
19. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
finger crossed it will be at least 10. Anything more than that is pretty useless. I never thought of having 2 cameras with two different megapixel count. But it does make sense. If front facing cameras can have 2mp then that top could easily have 4mp.
Come on HTC make this phone with an awesome camera please. No gimmck like HTC One. The camera was the only thing missing for me.
41. techaman (unregistered)
No they did not you heard the same story as the rest and jumped on the band wagon just wait till its spec is announced
40. genkidama20 (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I just hope it's not an Ultrapixel camera with our hot friend Zoe and her trippy psychedelic purple haze effects. If so, the forums are going to be busy this year.
7. Carlitos (Posts: 351; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
"enable users to choose the focus point after they've taken the shot"
Is this the same feature shown in the S5. Where there is an option in the camera where you can focus the front image and blur the background. Vice-Versa. Well at least it sounds like the same thing to me
18. Carlitos (Posts: 351; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
We haven't even seen reviews on it or a hands on. Plus the s5. Seemed to handle this feature pretty darn well. So please refrain From biased opinions.
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But the GS5 has to take multiple pictures at different focus points to do it, which takes more time. HTC is making both the cameras take one shot at the same time, but with different focus points. This also takes out any variable that might happen between the shots that the GS5 takes, like what if you happened to shake the device as you took the shot? You would get 2 slightly different pictures that would cause some flaws in the feature, and they would both be blurry since the GS5 doesn't have OIS. Since the new One has OIS and has 2 cameras that will fire at the same time, that problem would be eliminated.
49. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's a useless enough feature and if adding that ugly second camera and making the phone 146mm tall is how you do it better then I am glad no one else is "doing it better"
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If it is then it's a pretty cool feature!! With Lumia devices you can do what you said, and choose to focus all depths.. Which is very nice... I'm sure HTC will do this as well.
10. HTCOE (Posts: 522; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
leaks are bad... but it's to change the aperature and depth of field after a photo is taken... the double tap is true. and it's not a 4UltraPixel at all it's a combined total which average the camera to 10.
29. 7Superman9 (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I'm hoping that putting some faith in what you have said about the M8 won't bite me in the a$&. While I sincerely doubt htc would make the same mistake in the camera department, there's always that chance.
I personally was fine with the camera, but obviously I'm not the majority.
11. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
telstra is known to mark up their outright prices (because they're the top carrier down under and they think they can charge a crap load) so take about $100-200 off and you have a proper unlocked handset price for what we normally pay. a galaxy note 3 is about $900-1000 outright from telstra when its $850 at a local store like jbhifi.
28. mr.techdude (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
You Australian, me too!!!. I know Telstra is like the barbie in australia. EVery one is a suck up to telstra
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1534; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I think htc has leaked the device on purpose. I'm believing it's impossible for all these leaks to come out left and right accidentally
17. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Of course some leaks may be intentional like they plant the device on a 13 year old kid.... of course he will leak it. LG is known for doing this because they have to build up the hype.
13. newbey123 (Posts: 451; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Just release the phone HTC. I'm ready to upgrade. Best android option this year. Good job HTC.
25. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
840 unlocked....i think its to much for me. But idk how much the s5 will cost...So i think i am between this and s5, cause i am from a foreign country (traveling on may to NY) so i need the unlocked one :P
36. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
One feature I'm glad people are copying is knock on rofl, makes transitioning from the G2 much more doable. I never use the power button
37. cncrim (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Knock on feature? I thought that is Lg signature design cant copy that but that is useful feature something htc missing on the One beside the camera. Wake up the phone you need to reach all the way to the top..... ....
57. techaman (unregistered)
I think lg did it after custom Roms did it maybe wrong
38. NoFanboy (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Nice. Double tap is a legit feature. The power button on top was annoying
39. NoFanboy (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
This is fake because no ad will have the device's code name (M8) in the add
42. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol what a joke. They made it ridiculously tall just for that camera that other phones can do with just one lens? Lol they suck even more than I can imagine.
43. kopkiwi (Posts: 39; Member since: 31 May 2013)
gsmarena seem to think the camera specs are the same as the previous model. If that is the case, HTC are even dumber than I thought.
44. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol and apparently the dimensions are 146 x 70.9 x 9.35. Lol
I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that HTC would make the worst flagship out of all the major players in Android but even I wasn't expecting that level of failure. ROFL.
51. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
please explain how S5 wont be the worse. Because sales does not mean better phone.
52. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol there are a lot reasons why the GS5 will blow this crap out of the water. You just don't want to see these things as important or just write them off.
55. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Ok so you couldn't even name ONE. You just say S5 will be better and thats it... no argument at all. Well done because you know there isn't a single thing that will blow HTC One 2 out of the water.
50. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
You think HTC have it two cameras just for those effects? You might have a problem lol
53. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That's what is says on their marketing sheet....I would hope the HTC marketing head would show us more if it in fact did more. So either that's all it does or HTC sucks. Either way, HTC sucks, it is just a matter of which department. The marketing department or the engineering department. My money is on the engineering department.
54. desniper9 (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Lol, even on telstra's rip off pricing it's still cheaper than the 5s (869 for unlocked here in Aus for the 5s)
56. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 200; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
wow it,s best phone in design and inter face and also quality and so many other thing