Android-powered iPhone knockoff may sue Apple in China
1. dcgore posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:31 60 3
It would be funny if this was sponsored by Samsung.
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:48 30 3
If suddenly one day due some strange reasons I will be forced to buy an iPhone, I would better buy this pseudo "iPhone" instead of original "iPhone". ;)
21. Captain_Doug posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:14 16 2
Tegra 3, ICS, not 3.5". Yeah, if forced, I'd go with ICS.
19. neutralguy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:07 16 1
It would be funnier if this would be real and actually be victorious over apple. :))
25. kanagadeepan posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:30 10 0
More funny, if that half-eaten rotten fruit company was asked to pay 1.01B USD to this company by Chinese courts...
27. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:35 3 1
Dude is it me or is China like the Wild,Wild West of mobile phones? It's like anything goes there. lol
29. jaytai0106 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:14 1 0
Hell Yeah haha I think this story is funny. We will see how things go
42. jroc74 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 18:05 1 0
This is just funny period.
For a company to have the balls to try to do this. I would expect them fail in epic proportions...but it would be a fun show to watch.
Unless they know something we dont....hmmmm.....
47. joey_sfb posted on 04 Sep 2012, 21:48 2 0
Some defunct company has manage to get 64 million from Apple for iPad China trademark.
In China, Apple is nothing. They copy apple to the last word including the lawsuit that Apple launched.
Apple is such a great educator!!! Sweet irony! :)
Btw if apple learn to play fair they will copy that as well.
43. imsickwithphone (banned) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 18:12 1 0
Can they win in China?
Lol, I doubt it....
50. phljcnth posted on 05 Sep 2012, 02:36 0 0
Hahaha I'm laughing like a bastard the whole time I'm reading the article. You go Goophone!
2. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:33 24 2
lol, just lol.
Maybe Steve Jobs reincarnated in China and gave the blueprints of the iPhone 5 to Goophone's research team?
12. Ohrules posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:47 26 0
no iphone in the next 3 years could have specs that awesome :D
15. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:51 13 0
It's like everything that's wrong with the iPhone, they fixed it.
It's kinda sad that the knockoff has a better screen than the original (If the rumors are true and the iPhone 5 comes with a 6XXp screen).
40. rusticguy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 16:11 0 0
Oh good the company didn't say they will start a "Thermo nuclear war" else they woulde have been counter sued for saying that :D
Perhaps they learned one trick from Apple for improving sales ... be in medialight by hook or crook :)
6. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:37 17 0
Yeah, it's as powerful as the One X, if it were running vanilla Android, it would be even better.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:35 24 2
Boy this is interesting. Apple taste their own medicine.
38. ph00ny posted on 04 Sep 2012, 15:00 3 0
Exactly. Apple did the exact same in US with patents with prior art examples. Why can't this company do it in china?
7. ACCTDADDY posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:38 26 3
wow Apple has been ripping off goophone bad apple!
8. RangersK posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:38 27 1
It would be an epic lawsuit ever! Go Goophone! :D
16. SlimSoulja86 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:56 17 0
Lol, this is funny
9. frydaexiii posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:38 7 0
Btw, the whole "God machine" thing was just a direct mistranslation. If correctly translated, the word would simply mean "amazing" instead of "God Machine".
10. TediT posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:42 8 1
This patent war is going too far! Its a stupid "war" started from Apple not being able to compete with ANDROID and loosing its market place!
I like the specs though :D Go China lol
11. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:46 4 0
That would be hilarious if there really was enough R&D to back up a serious lawsuit. Somehow I just get the feeling it's all for advertisement though.
14. phitch posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:50 5 0
I think that the Goophone is simply trying to play hardball with Apple over the Samsung verdict. They have the home court advantage, the Chinese government can totally dictate the software on the Goophone, and they are the biggest mobile market in the world! Sorry Apple.
17. andro. posted on 04 Sep 2012, 11:59 1 1
Crazy seems to be a word following apple around these days,this story certainly is bizarre but maybe when most stories about apple consist of them trying to claim other manufacturers have blatantly copied them by making their phones 'black and rectangular' then its all seems to be the norm!
20. davidbrewer posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:12 0 3
Took the words right outta my mouth.
Sorry about the "thumbs down" meant to hit "thumbs up"
22. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:22 0 8
And good luck with that...
24. iops1000 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:29 6 0
Reading this article makes me pissed. Not because of the apple stuff but because this might spec-wise be the best 4 inch device ever released, from a stupid copycat company. It has a tegra 3 with slim profile and 720p ips on a 4 inch? And uses actual metal parts? Aaaand costs 300 usd?
What are these useless leading companies doing, not everyone wants a giant 4.7 or painfully small 3.5 screen.
33. downphoenix posted on 04 Sep 2012, 14:01 3 1
Amen to this. Why does the best specs only have to be on 4.5+ inch displays on phones? Its kinda like in TVs, how some features, like 1080P, 120+hz, or 3D, are only available on 40+ In TVs. Some people dont have big enough rooms to comfortably have a 40in or bigger, but still want high res, 120+hz, and/or 3D. Most TVs under 40in dont have any of those features, or only 1 of them, none that I have seen around here have 2 or more.
26. ivanko34 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 12:33 1 0
their website is great !
28. Doakie posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:09 3 2
Oh God. I would love if this story came out just like it started. I hate Apple for all their patent stupidity. The fact that Samsung makes awesome phones now (great specs and very few bugs) and that they lost 1 billion in the patent suit against Apple due to stupid design patents that pretty much concretes that I am going to be a Samsung customer for the foreseeable future. Unless for some reason Samsung starts to make crap products. As much as I used to love HTC, the fact that they went to fixed batteries, non expandable storage and locked down bootloaders just like stupid Apple makes me not want to support their company. So far my Galaxy S 3 has convinced me that Samsung is the greatest cellphone manufacturer right now. Go Galaxy!
30. iphoneisthebest79 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 13:32 5 2
who believe this crap, China is cloning every thing in the world and i m sure that if you go to China you will find a clone of you walking in the street
53. phitch posted on 05 Sep 2012, 07:29 0 0
But that is the point... eventually maybe just eventually companies like Apple will actually use their $100 billion dollars in cash to put AMERICANS to work rather than horde it and spend it on lawsuits and instead of hiring people who instead of buying their product would rather produce an exact copy.
34. DKMDROID posted on 04 Sep 2012, 14:07 3 0
LOL! if this lil Chinese company does what Samsung couldn't i'd die laughing! it'll be the upset of the century! that being said the specs are awesome it's probably dirt cheap as well, so i guess i can get a fake iPhone from a fake iStore in China.......
54. phitch posted on 05 Sep 2012, 07:30 0 0
Samsung has won in almost every court of law except the US.
35. dragonscourgex posted on 04 Sep 2012, 14:43 1 0
Now see, this is copying someone else product. Samsung phones only had a similar shape. Which almost every other smartphone shares. If the Goophone would have been the phone Apple was going after, I would have to side with Apple. Maybe they should hand these out the the jury to show them what copying actually means.
37. remixfa posted on 04 Sep 2012, 14:54 1 0
if there is truth to this video thats crazy. That thing is like 90% complete iphone rip off with a bigger screen and a different charging part at the bottom.
I cant say that its right, but after watching Apple try to sue the entire phone industry to its knees, I would really fall over laughing if this knock off company sues apple for stepping on ITS intellectual rights. I guess they got to the napkins and pencils before apple did in china. lol. The absolute irony is amazing.
45. jroc74 posted on 04 Sep 2012, 20:39 1 2
See...this is what I consider a copy. Might even throw the Meizu phones in there.
The Galaxy S line.....not so much. Or as much as Apple and their fanboys claim.
Apple better sue this ppl if they care so much about their patents and trade dress. If they done....its all about the profit and market share and not about protecting their stuff.
39. plethora posted on 04 Sep 2012, 15:09 1 1
As much as I despise Apple, I noticed no one asked when the GooPhone design was conceived or when the phone was released. But since Apple has no problem inventing history, falsifying the facts, stretching the truth and smoking whatever it is they are smoking, I guess they deserve each other (GooPhone & CrabApple).
41. rusticguy posted on 04 Sep 2012, 17:59 0 0
Interesting "Unboxing" GooPhone video :)
46. mrbtree posted on 04 Sep 2012, 20:45 0 0
just putting this out, a 4 inch screen with a 720p resolution is about 367 ppi, so well done to goopphone
49. Raymond_htc posted on 05 Sep 2012, 01:12 0 0
Now thats wicked- fake iPhone Company sueing the apple company. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RESULTS!
51. dragonscourgex posted on 05 Sep 2012, 06:37 0 0
Haha, have you guys gone to their website? The iPhone is not the only phone they copy. They have a SG 3 look a like, and something that I think is suppose to look like the Samsung G Nexus. The Samsung Note, and HTC One X are some of the looks a like they also have.