Android L vs Windows Phone 8.1: Guess who's catching up
Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Keyboard
Google Now vs Cortana
Chrome vs Internet Explorer 11
Camera and gallery
1. Liveitup (Posts: 1573; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Both are great platforms, personally for me WP is the way to go. Just happy for choice.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i agree......both are great OS, one is already mature and one is getting mature.
at this movement i'm using nexus 5 android, then i'm planning to buy 930 and will use wp.
14. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Trust me, you'll love WP. You'll get away with most of your used apps on Android, and you'll love the smoothness and the fluidity. And of course, you'll love Cortana!
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
of course dude,
Fast Fluid WP + Quality Nokia = Excellent Package.
85. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1384; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Everybody raise your hands and sing Hallelujah to our lord and savior WindowsPhone and its fluidity
94. sgodsell (Posts: 1437; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I don't know why you need to compare Android L to WP8.1, because right now KitKat has way more features and functionality then WP. For that matter even jelly bean beats WP.
99. Fellwalker (Posts: 71; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
What strikes me is how similar android looks to windows mobile 6.5.
106. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It does.. I've always thought that Android looked like the old WinMo... But, L looks a lot better.. Still not as modern, and clean as WP, but much better than before.
121. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yuck Geez don't compare your ugly cartoonish OS to the beauty of android.
105. DogeShibe (Posts: 949; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
It pretty much does in the lagging department.
135. techperson211 (Posts: 710; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Good job to both OS . Still wp is missing major apps . More competition more choices for consumer .
136. Alex123 (Posts: 227; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Not really! Excellent hardware but not excellent package. There are a lot of rooms for improvement that microsoft needs in order to compare with android. I font of my Nokia Lumia 925 so far and i have to say that wp8.1 is smooth and fast enough but there are few things make make disappointed and they are
1 - Official facebook: most of the time it says unable to share picture & videos
2- Skype: Slow and no option for sending picture and i hate the idea of signing in using microsoft account
3- Built-in email: most of the time, i need to click on download email even i enable "always download full email in the mail setting". Never display the imagesignature
4 - Lack of Data Connection on AC
and more... but i would be more happy with my NL925 if above mentioned are fixed.
148. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Liveitup will always come up with an excuse.
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Nice marketing. Good thing MS didn't lay you and liveitup off. :)
28. sip1995 (Posts: 943; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Don't troll, plz let's keep the comments section CLEAN....
29. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You know they can't do that. They love attention
38. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
More like your wp brosephs and brosephines are. See how are they dwindling the comment section by replying the very first comment. Pot meet kettle.
31. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Now now, let that kid have some attention. Nobody probably cares about his existence in real life, so he wants to make some fame on the internet.
57. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What fame jelly fanboy
The kid is you, who becomes repulsive and starts to ad hominem attacking
Stay on the topic jealous kid
45. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Clean? You Shi*ty fanboys have already spammed the article, and you are asking it?
95. gabrielvoica (Posts: 59; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
and you're not a fanboy right?
i bet u haven't used any wp device but i see u all the time bashing on wp articles...
123. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No I'm not a fanboy, atleast not till nokiaWTF level. That guy praises Ms even after they cut off jobs.
67. Settings (Posts: 706; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
You guys go ahead. Im grabbing my popcorn.
124. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah rodneyej being the captain. Stupid troll.
68. elitewolverine (Posts: 2068; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
awww you mentioned me how sweet :), certainly made my day better, i left my 925 at home today cause i was needing my note 3's bigger screen. Love the device, though i hate that it is the second time today that it has decided to restart while editing a excel doc. No big just annoying as hell.
84. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I like the smoothness of WP. But I can't live with its ugly flat box theme & limited customization.
If WP has the look of android L, I'll change to WP.
96. rf1975 (Posts: 249; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Yes, True I have a HTC 8X and its UI is very fluid. All the apps are ruining very smoothly.
97. Furbal (Posts: 403; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Wp is very nice. Love my 1520. Although my screen may be going bad.....getting a lot of light pooling
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Has "no major apps and games and missing features "
25. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Be careful of trolling dude. I can't wait for you to take another vacation
33. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The trolls be careful. He might just buy you all!
36. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
They can all share a bridge together somewhere :-)
54. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
But it's the truth, like I mentioned on the other article showing which apps were missing. I'm not even trolling, just stating genuine facts.
30. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Arte, I'd like to tell you those three magical words...
GROW SOME BRAINS!
55. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Accept current problems and fragmentation of Wp
32. sip1995 (Posts: 943; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Oh, don't cry....we know you're missing your favorite Barbie dress up games, we're here to help you homie :)
59. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That shows how immature and a kid you are
What's that got to do with the discussions?
Doesn't meet PhoneArena rules kid
131. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
would you like to mention the major apps (that don't have a clone )
games there's plenty i know that and i don't even own a wp device !
the missing features and do keep a note of the difference between needed features and wanted features
89. mousesports (Posts: 260; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
I dont care :) i dont even use 10 apps from that store ... so them are so useless .. Better for me to have a fast device , no lag ... no battery explode or charger explode like SAMSUNG . NOKIA FTW !!!
149. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Your another big Nokia fanboy like me.
117. Penny (Posts: 1264; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
A) Good job laughing at your own joke, and
B) Avoid words like "no," "never," "always." Using such extremes usually reveals either ignorance or extreme bias.
In this case, your statement can easily be refuted by someone mentioning just a single major app on WP, of which there are many.
So, basically, you have to, like, troll better dude!
42. dratomic (Posts: 476; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
you could buy a note 3 and lumia 1520 and enjoy both platforms. if youre willing to go highend and like to spend some cash
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I know you have Vertu Constellation Quest (running Symbian OS) what else you have? :)
129. dratomic (Posts: 476; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
it was a graduation gift from my father. galaxy s2 is still my main phone.
48. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I prefer Windows on PC but on smartphone I prefer Android. Windows Phone is too closed and looks boring to me. Also from visual aspect I more like Android L UI than Windows Phone. Such is my opinion.
81. ihavenoname (Posts: 1521; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I have same opinion on WP, too basic and I don't like the boring yet cluttered look of start screen. Also as a power user of Google services it would be close to useless to me. But not bad OS, just not for me.
152. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The Start Screen has many customization options, including being Tile-free, just a black (or white) field with the arrow indicating the right swipe to the App List.
157. asphaltpilot (Posts: 12; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Boring? I challenge anyone who says it is boring and isn't customizable to go to the wpcentral dot com thread post-your-home-screen-color-theme and look at some of the customizations, particularly within the past several months.