Android 4.x now almost 40% of the ecosystem
1. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:38 7 6
I'm a totally jellybean users :)
17. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2013, 21:03 2 1
Looks like Google is finally able to put fragmentation problem under control.
19. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 03 Jan 2013, 21:34 1 4
Huh? Can you explain the big pie gingerbread? :)
20. taz89 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 22:12 1 0
i think there will always be a large gingerbread share due to the fact that many of the low tier phones are only capable of running gingerbread..its still a positive to see that 40% of devices are running 4+ android and as the ''pie'' gets larger with newer 4+ devices and the remaining us variants of one x and s3's and the note 1 and s2 devices get 4+ i reckon that FINALLY gingerbread will get overthrown lol...fragmentation will always be there and will be fully be ''cured'' but imo it is getting better and is not as bad as many people like to think it is
22. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 03 Jan 2013, 22:19 0 3
I never say android is bad lol... In fact, there as awesome as they usually be :)
26. remixfa posted on 05 Jan 2013, 08:24 0 0
can you explain the iOS fragmentation pie?
2. Sackboy117 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:44 3 0
Dang, that's a huge leap, I remember when they weren't even 10%.
. . . . :( Still on 2.3 Gingerbread :'(
3. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:49 2 4
Then you must be an awesome guy I met :)
4. Captain_Doug posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:50 4 0
How? Have you not found a JB or even ICS rom for your phone?
6. nyamo posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:57 2 0
not everyone mods phones, granted i'm not one of them, but i do not know a single person in my circle of friends that has any interest whatsoever in modding android
8. Captain_Doug posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:04 0 0
To me the interest in modding a phone was much more than my desire to be stuck with gingerbread. It's hard for me to understand someone sticking with gingerbread over rooting and romming.
9. wendygarett (limited) 5 days ago posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:05 2 3
Some people just don't wanna let go their sweet memory on gingerbread, that's why this person has a very awesome life compare to those geek whose afraid of being obselence...
11. Igneel posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:21 3 0
Why? It's one of the best thing about Android! :D
14. cretinick posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:34 1 0
I'm stuck in 2.3 too.
The mods for my device are going very slow. The CM9 (unofficial) don't get new release for my device since November. The last one had some serious battery drain and other annoying bugs.
The CM10 (unofficial too) seems to get worse on each new update. No signal, or no call ring, or no data, or battery drain...
So I had to stay at CM7.2 if I want a phone that works.
23. Captain_Doug posted on 04 Jan 2013, 13:41 0 0
24. cretinick posted on 04 Jan 2013, 20:07 0 0
25. Captain_Doug posted on 04 Jan 2013, 22:55 0 0
Have you seen these?
27. cretinick posted on 05 Jan 2013, 22:04 0 0
Yes... I had installed the Epsylon CM9 and the Quarx CM10.
Many system freeze, FC, apps with malfunction and battery autonomy drops drastically...
Every new release from quarx come with giant bugs. The last one loses the ringtone 2 days after boot. You have to reboot the phone every two days or you misses calls. The previous don't have Mobile Network!
The last release from Epsylon was in 11/18/2012...
28. Captain_Doug posted on 06 Jan 2013, 15:01 0 0
Lame. Well, hopefully you can jump into a better phone soon. Good luck.
29. cretinick posted on 06 Jan 2013, 18:29 0 0
I'm trying to get a Nexus 4. However in my country it is not available yet. But, if in the countries where it is available it is hard to get, imagine in other countries?
Other Option is the Xperia ZL (Hope Sony give good news tomorrow!) or something new from Motorola. Despite the update problems, I realy like the toughness of the Moto Phones. But now, Mototola is a Google company...
30. Captain_Doug posted on 07 Jan 2013, 09:05 1 0
Xperia ZL would not be a bad choice. However Sony is notorious for not updating their phones. Although i'm sure they'll get more AOSP support.
10. Birds posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:17 1 0
Awe, well if you get the chance get a device that runs JB and will be upgraded to later versions. A good choice that we will see in the future is the Samsung Galaxy Victory on sprint's prepaid network. Since my One X broke I'm phoneless. I'm waiting for this......
7. HTCOE posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:57 0 0
to @Sackboy117 hopefully your upgrade is in time for the Google Nexus by Moto with Key Lime
12. uchihakurtz posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:23 1 0
Most of Sammy's mid-range below are still on 2.3.x, hope the JB updates comes by the end of the month >.
13. crazymonkey05 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:23 1 0
Man running 4.1.2 and its awesome on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play :) custom ROM of course :)
15. InspectorGadget80 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 19:28 0 0
I'm trying to hold out till 5.0 KEY LIME.
16. Jyakotu posted on 03 Jan 2013, 20:45 1 0
I'm a Sprint Galaxy Nexus owner, so no need for me to root. I'm enjoying 4.1 Jelly Bean.
18. Android4u posted on 03 Jan 2013, 21:18 2 1
I feel sorry for everyone who is still on gingerbread lol jellybean is just crazy awesome!! Im loving it on my evo 4g lte :)
21. taz89 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 22:15 3 0
couldnt agree anymore..been using jb(official) on my s3 for last couple of months and recently used a mates ace 2 which is on 2.3 and cant believe i used that once lol.jb is so far a head that going back to anything before ics is a no