Android 4.4 KitKat focus has been more on a new 'Android TV' interface, rather than phones
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 377; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Announce the damn phone (N5) already GOOGLE
4. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 164; Member since: 15 May 2013)
This is looking more and more like a complete joke. I mean how long can you tease people without dropping anything remotely official ? Is Google having issues with the development of 4.4 or are they genuinely mocking us ?
10. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
By teasing they are simply stopping people from buying other phones.
11. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 164; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Well, not really, as far as I'm concerned. I've been waiting for the Nexus 5 since forever but ended up buying the Note 3 because I needed a phone and was tired of waiting. Now I'm returning the Note 3, only because I find it too big for me, but I would have kept it if it was a bit smaller, since it's a great device.
I really think nowadays you have so many options that companies shouldn't play this game. I'm quite sure that a good amount of people is going to buy another one of the great handsets that are available on the market if Google doesn't hurry with the N5.
14. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
true. Sold my S2 about 4months back to upgrade to xperia SP, then thought why not wait a month and let the s4's price to fall and get it for future proofing. After waiting 1 month i started getting all these leaks of Nexus5 and have been waiting since.. release it already :'(
i m tired of waiting
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Nokia and Apple have had their time in the spotlight recently. Now its Google and LG's turn. There hasn't been nearly enough covering the release of kitkat and the Nexus 5.
12. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
"taking advantage of Motorola's set-top box business, Chromecast and Android TV somehow"...
I thought that Google had already sold Motorola's set-top box division:
15. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yup, once again phonearena fails to research, instead opting to make up "news" as they go along.
18. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
But if we all just believe, we can make it a wikiality.
13. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 164; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
This is my personal opinion but I belive that google should keep ChromeOS as a PC and television OS while keeping android on the mobile division
17. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
How is Google going to take advantage of Motorola's set-top box division? They sold that a decent bit ago. They got ~$2.35 billion to Arris.