ARM predicts 1 billion "entry level" mobile devices by 2018, $20 smartphones coming soon
1. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I don't care about entry level... what am I doing here??? lol
10. express77 (unregistered)
2. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Great for people who just need to call or buy one as an emergency phone.
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1151; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Then they might as well buy a feature phone with better battery life and cheaper.
7. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
But a smartphone can be used for GPS which is helpful unlike feature phones.
4. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1151; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I'm pretty sure some unknown Chinese manufacturer allready has made some dirt cheap smartphones. Expect a 1 hour battery life though with 13mp camera that takes minecraft quality pictures.
8. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yes they did... I purchased a phone, brand new equivalent to $13
6. SamDroid (unregistered)
By the way Michael (*off topic) you guys usually do camera comparisons for flagship smartphones but all you do is compare picture quality. Can you guys make an article that really goes deep about video quality (not comparisons with DSLRs) on things like quality on 60fps vs 30fps, how the sound recorded affects the video quality and....you get where I'm going with this. Could you guys do that? Please?
9. aksa123 (Posts: 319; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Today's smatphone = yesterday's feature phone.
11. express77 (unregistered)
Today's feature phone = yesterday's smartphone.