50,000 Xiaomi MiPad tablets sell in less than four minutes
Of course, Xiaomi used the "Hunger Marketing" technique that it has perfected with its handsets. Hype the device, and sell a limited number online, that is a quick definition of the sales method that the upstart device maker has been using. With its new tablet, Xiaomi sold 50,000 units in 3 minutes and 59 seconds.
The 16GB model is priced at 1499 Yuan ($240 USD), while the 64GB slate will cost you 1699 Yuan ($270 USD). Of course, those who missed out on buying an Xiaomi MiPad this time, will be anxious to make the cut with the next sale. Xiaomi has not commented on whether it will offer the MiPad outside of its home market.
source: Xiaomi, Neowin via AndroidCentral
1. pavsidhu (Posts: 143; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Shame there isn't a 10" screen variant to go witg the impressive specs otherwise I would go for this tablet straight away!
23. Ashoaib (Posts: 2490; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
just keep patience... xiaomi is just entering in the tablet territory... soon they will cater all segments.... how great it might be if xiaomi used samsung's Super Amoled in mipads... then it would be an everything killer
2. ForgedMemories (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jul 2014)
Yesterday, here in the Philippines, where there are many haters of China Phones (but many also uses it because they have no choice. lol) , thousands ordered Mi3 in 4 hours. What's good is that they have already received their phones only few hours later.
4. tadaa (Posts: 263; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Local blog sites in the Philippines say that xiaomi has plans to launch the device here so it should also be launched on other markets xiaomi has presence in like Singapore Malaysia and India
5. Busyboy (unregistered)
Would have been a beast if it hadn't had an 8MP rear facing camera and 2GB of RAM. Otherwise it's one of the best tablet bargains you can buy!
17. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
What do you want it to have that's realistic then
19. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 966; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Yeah, why not a 41MP Pureview camera and 4 GB of RAM on a 240$ tablet?
Comparing this to the closest Samsung alternative the Tab 4 8.0 which retails for 269$ on Samsung's US website (16 GB version) you get much better set of cameras (8mp + 5mp vs 3mp + 1.3mp), much better screen (2048x1536 vs 1280x800), arguably better design, more RAM (2GB vs 1.5GB), much bigger battery (6700mAh vs 4450mAh) and a MUCH MUCH FASTER processor (TK1 vs Cortex A7 1.2 GHz joke) and it is still 29$ cheaper. This is a beast.
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 2490; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
exactly, certain people dont know how to appreciate... they just keep complaining out of a habit... these type of people like expensive andunder specs ipads
24. Busyboy (unregistered)
I said it would have been a beast, never said it was a bad tablet. Did you not read my last comment?
6. Totse2k15 (Posts: 279; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Very nice tablet. Would love to see it irl at my local BB.
7. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nividia K1 Gpu with Tegra4 A15 Cpu. This can't be true.
Powerful Soc at this price. .?
8. gaara6775 (Posts: 609; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Surprised? Why so? They launched mi3 with sd800 & 2gig ram for $270 last year. There are companies beyond HTC, lg,Sony,samsung. And xiaomi is the best,far better than 1+1.
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The K1 costs around $50+ to buy.
15. livyatan (Posts: 760; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Well, this is Xiaomi.
In other words, revolutionary business model with razor thin margins and products sold for close to their real price. It is similar to what Google does with the Nexus line over the play store.
18. salaal (Posts: 109; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
Now in singapore MI3 costs 300$ singapore dollars which is just 240 USD
9. gaara6775 (Posts: 609; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Can't wait to try it. Soon we will have it here in India.
25. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
does xiaomi mipad is released in India?
12. GreekGeek (Posts: 848; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Meanwhile, OnePlus has yet to sell 500 units
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Looks like it's not for-real...?
21. Ashoaib (Posts: 2490; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
it is for real... I know you will feel it real when it will be only from samsung/apple/htc/lg, which infact its not... pitty on you
14. livyatan (Posts: 760; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Most powerful ARM tablet on the market that absolutely crushed the iPad Air in benchmarks, for almost half its price.
Can't wait for the reviews
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2490; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
whatever... you should say typical nokia by microsoft video