5"+ iPhone, 12.9" iPad and an iWatch with LG flexible OLED to come from Apple next year
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Well 5 inch iPhone??? Apple finally listening to customers...
5. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Yes and I think unlike the competition they should stop there. The way things are being released, I fear that in two years a phone will be as big as a tablet. I
19. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
U cant put it in your pocket
And is uncomfortable in hands
10. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
5 inch plus is too big - in my opinion the Nexus 4 is pretty much the sweet spot in size for a phone.
11. Daftama (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They wanted to bring it this but couldn't because of ic and they wouldn't have anything left for next year... So it definitely coming next year
13. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
This article is for iFans! Androiers don't care about size anymore.
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sorry to disappoint you Dan, but most of the boos and frowns over small screened devices on Apple and Nokia device came from Android fans.
You know, the usual "I got a big d¡ck, where's yours?" kind of bully?
42. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Well I must say that's unfortunate even if the fanboyism exists in the digital world we still must care for the emotions and keep the arguments and views as much clean as possible at least in language side. #Respect the platform that we are able to share our views.
14. Jklaz (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I guess Apple will finally have to put an HD screen on an iPhone to keep the "retina PPI" I mean its almost 2014.. 4k TVs 1080p androids everywhere and the little iPhone isn't even 720
21. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I just wish this is true! This is what im waiting for a long time! Lol. If apple release this 5" iphone then they can take my money!
32. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 374; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
if 'years' is listening to customers, i'm ok not being a iFan
- took years to get MMS
- took years to get copy-n-paste
- took years to get a widescreen hd phone
- took years to have voice control
- took years to get multi-tasking
- took years to get a decent sized phone.. oh wait
- took years to get a decent navigation app.. oh wait again...
- took years to customize your desktop/phone anyway you like... oh man, just get a flipping android already
33. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 374; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I like my companies of choice to 'react' to whats hot in the market, react, create, better, best the competition... Google and MS are two prime examples of this sort of actions... not wait and wait and wait until they can maximize their profits at the expense of not offering their customers state of the art tech and features..
and bullcrap, apple waits until it's 'perfects it'... apple maps and siri took 3 years (and longer) of google maps and google voice actions dominating the market (with apple having no viable alternative to their customers) and neither of those was perfected and still not perfected, not by a country mile. Apples only agenda is making maximum profits (every other year 'S' hits are another prime example) giving people what they want is generally a 2-3 year waiting game and ya know what, this little appledoesn't supporter says apples shtick is catching up to them and it's just doesn't work except with the most ardent iFollowers...
44. gust3r3u (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
i want a stylus like the note 3 , maybe in another 3 years with apple ...they can draw with their fingers like little babies , i am not doing that .
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1871; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
5"+ iPhones will be a all new great experience for iFans.
6. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Ofcourse, a hybrid ios UI (a mix of iPad and iPhone UI) on a big screen is all I have ever wanted. As in instead of more rows, the icons could be more spaced out and the icons could be bigger and dynamic like the clock and calendar.
3. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Looking forward to the 12.9 inch iPad
8. PAPINYC (Posts: 1950; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Finally, something to look forward to [in 2012] :D
40. Quezdagreat (Posts: 378; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I guess they should be innovative and make a 7 inch phone
12. JMartin22 (Posts: 517; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
What abyss do these stupid rumors crawl out from? They're not going to go from 0 to 180 just like that. It took them 5 years to even bump up that minuscule display from 3.5 inches up to 4. I'm guessing if that happens, it'll be around the 4.3-4.5 inch realm, realistically speaking.
15. promise7 (Posts: 203; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I think everyone knew they would finally cave in to customers demand for a larger screen on the iPhone 6, but I imagined they would have gone to 4.5"-4.7".
16. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
Please make 4.5" iphone. Please please. Make same design but all screen! Woow...
18. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
So let me get this straight?
APPLE, (famous for its SMALL screened phones) cant manufacture a screen small enough to go in it's smart watch?
22. bloodline (Posts: 685; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol apple will never release a 5inch iphone
23. nxl2610 (Posts: 47; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Yeah right...Remember the "Apple will never make plastic phone" ?
24. bloodline (Posts: 685; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No I don't remember that + economically its not to much a risk because its cheaper to build.
Apple will not risk bringing 2 premium material iphones to the market and they will def not take the risk from 4inch to 5inch.
My guess will be 4.3 or 4.6.
27. fanboy1974 (Posts: 942; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I don't see 5" next year. It will be around 4.5" for iPhone 6 and 6s and then 5" around 2016/2017. Heck, I can see 4.5" lasting for 4 years just like with 3.5". Our hands are not getting any bigger. This is why Android devices will stop growing in size after 2014; they would already be maxed out.
I actually see the new trend with Android flagships decreasing in size.
28. Kishin (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Finally Apple is about to get better again!!!
29. zig8100 (Posts: 106; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I think its a mistake for Apple. People supposedly stay with Apple because its small. I see the opposite happening. More people will leave Apple for Android if this happens. Just think about the phones next year and the hardware.. FFC might be 5 megapixels with front facing flash , octo cores with all LTE Bands , 20 meg main camera with dual tone rear flash or xenon , OIS , Surpass 1080p? , Bigger better battery , gesture controls , USB 3.0 , Unlimited multitask windows etc etc. Yall get what I'm sayying. Apple won't match that hardware. They never do.
30. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple should just leave how things are! A lot of iFans, users will migrate to Android ™
30% should leave Apple and join freedom, join Linux ®
Apple users don't need or require those! As long as it's got an Apple logo stampet on a app launcher device, with no features that's fine....
34. willard12 (Posts: 485; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
A 5 inch phone? Doesn't Samsung already make a 5 inch phone? Why is Apple copying Samsung? --Apple fan's logic after commenting about Samsung copying the gold color.
35. nctx77 (Posts: 228; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Everyone needs to understand that Apple will be releasing multiple sizes. It will no longer be one phone. With that said I can see them keeping the 4" for one handed use. Then they will add a 5 and 6 incher to round out the mid size and phablet sector. If they only came out with one phone, it would be around 4.5, but I don't see that happening. I personally want the 5 inch.
I'm not trolling, but an array of iphone sizes would be huge for apple and could hurt android market share. Android will still have the bigger market due to much cheaper phones and being on so many manufactures.
37. willard12 (Posts: 485; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Will users have to buy seperate "optimized" apps for 5 and 12 inch screens in order not to have black space?
36. Stuntman (Posts: 643; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
What about all those people who complain that their thumbs won't reach all corners of the 5" screen?
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 8878; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bring get apple. Can't wait till next years iPhone/iPad launch. We were second inline this year, next year we'll be first.
39. 9thWonderful (Posts: 228; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
5" iPhone would be an answer to my prayers...or at least 4.8" & make the screen edge-to-edge.
41. gprime (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Can't understand y people upgrade to the same phone, now if it's 5 inch plus then u have reason to upgrade I know my brother will when he finds. He switched to android when the iPhone would not change in size, I'll stick with android I like it better