150 OnePlus One invites can be won today and tomorrow
Unfortunately, not everyone can enter to win. The contest is open only to applicants of at least 18 years of age from these countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the U.S. To enter the contest, you need to log in with your email (or with Facebook) at the source link below - you have time until tomorrow, May 22. At the moment, there are more than 1 million (!) entries.
Officially announced on April 23, the OnePlus One runs CyanogenMod 11S (based on Android KitKat), and offers high-end features that you rarely find for less than $350, including: a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display, 13MP rear camera made by Sony, quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, and a 3,100 mAh battery.
OnePlus One Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 358; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I'll actually care whenever they get rid of the stupid invite system.
4. Heatfan316 (Posts: 332; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I know! Just launch the damn thing already.
5. hassoups (Posts: 254; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
they're creating free advertising for themselves every week like this. i wonder when tech sites are gonna get fed up lol
9. fzacek (Posts: 1241; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Not really. As you can see, we're all becoming fed up with the stupid invite system, so it's advertising in a negative way. All these articles about the invites have made me fed up with OnePlus, and I no longer want to buy their products...
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
As OnePlus has been all gimmicks and games so far, I have pretty much lost interest as well. A real phone company would take orders for their phones.
18. Tuxedo_SNjr (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Are you kidding, word of mouth is the best advertising; which they were doing at first but are now screwing themselves with the invite system.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I'll actually care when they start making phones for real. When a company makes only 150 phones/month, it shows they are just a scam.
27. techperson211 (Posts: 442; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Hey one plus!!!!! People are annoyed with your BS invite!!!! I'm just gonna wait for soc 805 smart phones.
3. camera531 (Posts: 119; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Millions of people and only 150 to sell (and Phone Arena has the nerve to call that "lots"). I've never seen such a botched, incompetent launch in my life!
10. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's been a month since their official reveal, and they ostensibly have 150 phones.
If they have, say, 1.2 million people who will buy the phone, it will take OnePlus a total of 666 years to build phones for these 1.2 million customers at the rate they are going now.
Unless OnePlus starts making phones for real, it means they are really just a data gathering scam company, not a phone company.
6. uchihakurtz (Posts: 209; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Meh, last interest long ago. By the time they made produce there'd be best everywhere more tempting than this, only more expensive -_-
7. scsa852k (Posts: 274; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
It would be hilarious if this device actually doesn't exist and this whole invite crap is there for nothing.
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It looks like that, doesn't it? They've got a database of millions of people all over the world who want a phone. They can sell that for more money than they can make on their "selling at cost" phone, so why even make the phones now?
8. fzacek (Posts: 1241; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They are ruining themselves with the retarded invite system...
13. Cha7520 (Posts: 208; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I was excited about this phone, but due to this stupid "invite" system, I have lost all interest. I signed up to recieve the invite, I did recieve it via email. Then I click on the link and they want me to "spread the word" via FB, Twitter, and other social networking sites and I only had 24 hours to spread the word as much as I could. Only then are you put in a "raffle" to be picked to see who spread the word the much! REALLY????? LMAO!
15. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
What is this? Only 150? LOL. What a bunch of crap.
16. downphoenix (Posts: 2267; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Probably for the 1st production run (I hope). Im sure any future invites will be a lot more open. Then they'll probably just do away with that system once they get production up to snuff. I think a queued preorder system would be more efficient though.
17. AfterShock (Posts: 2124; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Hijinks aside, still will grab one when it materializes.
19. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Invitees are supposed to feel lucky for this one of a kind privilege.
Oh wait... They must shell $350 in 24 hours to get their prize... smfh
20. deepblack (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
I lost interest too..I don't want to beg a stupid invitation to buy a phone.
21. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Let this be a lesson to various tech sites......When you are a phone maker who isnt interested in making profit through mass-production, YOU DESERVE NO EFFING ATTENTION!!!
WHAT A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS, I see their point, promote... Promote... Promote..... But please, this is just Trolling taken to another level
Shame on you Peter Lau
25. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wouldn't be surprised if everyone at Oppo probably cheered when Peter Lau left to do his OnePlus project. What a jerk this guy is turning out to be.
22. HASHTAG (Posts: 121; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
I don't usually say things like this, but I hope they go under. This stupid invite system is making my interest go away quickly. I was initially interested in this phone, but now I want to look at other phones.
23. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Worldwide release coming!
10 units allotted per country
24. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"10 units allotted per district."
Let the hunger marketing gimmick games begin!
26. Totse2k15 (Posts: 211; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
For real, man. This invite thing and making people playing games is [s]hit.
Just sell it already!
28. roozbeh101 (Posts: 43; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
they don't have foxxcon or samsungs mass production capacity ! they made a great phone and their hands are tight right now! they are like a mini restaurant with a great chef ! many people want to taste their food but they do not have enough tables for everyone !
29. GreekGeek (Posts: 379; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
But their main intention is not to sell but to get reckognized.
Potential buyers don't deserve these hullabaloo crap treatment.
You get an invite but at what cost? This is the stingiest marketing gimmick so far this year.