10 banned Android and iPhone apps
1. Gawain (Posts: 294; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
About that last item, the Financial Times, how do they get pinched, while the Wall Street Journal app operates the same way? My subscription to WSJ is handled directly through WSJ/Dow Jones, not through Apple.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
more than likely the WSJ filters money back to apple for the trouble of.. being an app. lol
4. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im going to make a new app called "you are poor" for $1500 and have a picture of a bum floating around on the screen. see if anyone buys it. :)
23. biophone (Posts: 1879; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
There is a good chance lol. (Tere is a good chance they will be poor afterwards to lol)
10. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Yes. 8. 8 idiots who want to prove they are rich with an app instead of, say, buying 3 unbranded smartphones all at the same time.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I want an app that installs ICS on my iPhone 4.
6. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its called the craigslist app. buy and sell :)
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Never heard of an app which costs roughly 620$..
I guess I'll just wait for the SGS3 :)
25. biophone (Posts: 1879; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Jailbreak and do dream board should get something.
27. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Nope. Tried it. Tried em all. It's like having a 10 year old kid draw alternative GUI. It's not even close.
29. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
buy Samsung Galaxy S II and you have widgets, statustbar, microsdhc, mass storage, perfect display on sunlight, bigger screen, very good battery life etc.
7. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I just downloaded SpoofApp & pranked 3 people. Man it was so funny! lol
This is going to be all day fun! :-)
14. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I just downloaded it too. i am having fun, lol
9. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
spoofapp and secret sms replicator deserved to be banned, talk about dangerous apps. The rest were all banned for frivilous reasons.
11. McLTE (Posts: 612; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
There are other apps that do what secret SMS does.. backupSMS+ for instance will send all SMS and MMS messages to an email account where they can be read.
Spoof app, while dangerous does sound kind of funny to mess with. lol
17. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
yea but the difference is, it doesnt run in secret.
12. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
This is why I love instalous. You can still get these apps there.
19. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I bet I know who thumbs down this. haha you are so lame
26. biophone (Posts: 1879; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
It wasn't me I promise. :) I have instalous too but don't use it. I get it from a good source though.
13. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
I Am Rich has to be the greatest app ever developed for both the Android operating system and iOS.
18. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I bet piracy really hit that app's sales hard, only 8 sold?
21. medicci37 (Posts: 538; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
PSX4 droid link just takes me back to devs home page.
22. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yeah I know, KICK IN THE NUTS!, That app was one I really wanted.
28. Nick_T (Posts: 123; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Yeah, the developer's link does not work for some reason. However, googling the .apk filename returns some great results. Finding the BIOS files is not hard either.
30. Loafninja (Posts: 30; Member since: 25 Jan 2012)
Grooveshark still exists on Android, in the form of Tinyshark, which streams, and Tinyshark downloader. They both access the full Grooveshark database of music, which is enormous, and both can make playlists and do searches straight through the app. It's also 100% free. Probably my favorite app there is, perioid.
32. rodneyD (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
You don't even really need an app for this anymore. If you go to a site like cellhider.com they have the ability to do it via their website. And they do have a free app as well that works with the credits you get from the site. Basically works like a prepaid calling card.