OnePlus 6 to get selfie camera optimizations, better Wi-Fi connection in future update
If you don't mind testing new features before they make it to the public, you can now download the latest OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 6. Keep in mind though that this particular build is affected by some issues, such as the fact that some apps may not function as expected. Also, if you're using Google Pay on a regular basis, avoid downloading this update since the service won't work.
The bread and butter of the latest OxygenOS open beta update for the OnePlus 6 are optimizations and improvements, as you can see below:
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Improved UI for Verification Codes (for OTP), making it faster to find what you want
If you're still planning to download the update, know that OnePlus has integrated the Feedback tool into Community App so that everyone can report bugs and share logs directly to its engineers with this specific app.
All OnePlus 6 owners who are currently running the latest OxygenOS Open Beta will receive this update as an OTA (over the air), otherwise, you'll have to flash it manually by following the guide provided by OnePlus.