Debate: Pretty phones vs durable phones

Join the discussion
• 10mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

Wow. You're an imbecile. Here's my phone history:

2009-2014: OG Droid, Droid 2, Droid X2, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Maxx

2014-present: Note 3, Note 4, Note 7, S7 Edge, Note 8, Note 10+, S22 Ultra.

My comment of "LG had some really nice looking phones. Their 2012-2016 run was pretty nice!" simply means I have the maturity level & brain capacity to acknowledge nicely designed phones by OEM's that I don't use. Let's work on stepping your not-assuming-s**t game up because you know what they say about people who assume.

??

Relax, man. It was a joke…commentary on the petty nature of the LG fanboys from those days. I actually owned a couple of the V-Series phones from LG, and yes, they were beautiful. Design wasn’t their issue, software was. I’ve worked for HTC, Microsoft, OnePlus, and Google. Around those parts, LG was always known for having the most toxic fan base…and, ironically, they’ve gone!

• 10mo agoedited
↵alon999 said:

You had the Note S7? I hope your house had fire insurance at that time ??.

??

1. There was no "Note S7".
  2. 7 years later, "I hope your house had fire insurance at that time ??" is still corny.
• 10mo ago
↵strbckboy said:

Relax, man. It was a joke…commentary on the petty nature of the LG fanboys from those days. I actually owned a couple of the V-Series phones from LG, and yes, they were beautiful. Design wasn’t their issue, software was. I’ve worked for HTC, Microsoft, OnePlus, and Google. Around those parts, LG was always known for having the most toxic fan base…and, ironically, they’ve gone!

My bad, man.

"Around those parts, LG was always known for having the most toxic fan base"

I wasn't aware of that. Even during their hey-day, I've never noticed the toxic fan base of the LG fans on the tech blogs I frequent the last decade & a ½ . Some started to come out after the release of the V-series, but comparing it to the Note always put them back in their place.

• 10mo ago

Yes...

• 10mo ago

As someone that fixes phones for a living, like the OLED on the Samsung S23 Ultra or the OLED on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, I would say that there are truly no durable phones at carrier stores, but rather phones that have less consequences when they break (iPhone 11 screen cracks, causes the screen to touch stuff on it's own, types your password in too many times, locks out the phone, sometimes permanently. An OLED phone has that happen maybe 1% of the time when it breaks.)

• 10mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

What about LG? I think there were some really chic models in that company's range.

Literally every V series LG was Mil std 810, not like that actually mattered though lol

• 10mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

??

1. There was no "Note S7".
  2. 7 years later, "I hope your house had fire insurance at that time ??" is still corny.

Both wrong, it was the Note S7 Ultra Plus FE Watch Edition

• 10mo ago
↵matistight said:

Both wrong, it was the Note S7 Ultra Plus FE Watch Edition

Ahh yes, more corniness.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless