Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵jinroh47 said:

the iphone 13 pro max is quite durable, design is acceptable as well

Don't you find it a bit boring after the 12 Pro Max and the 14 Pro Max being almost identical?

• 11mo ago
↵jinroh47 said:

the iphone 13 pro max is quite durable, design is acceptable as well

Any phone is durable with a case. Without a case iPhone are the most fragile devices out there.

• 11mo ago
↵propov said:

Every pretty phone becomes durable with a right case. Anytime. But durable can't become pretty. Just no way. For me pretty phone no longer exists anyway since HTC is out of the market.

"pretty phone no longer exists anyway since HTC is out of the market."

LMAO!

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

What about LG? I think there were some really chic models in that company's range.

LG had some really nice looking phones. Their 2012-2016 run was pretty nice!

• 11mo agoedited
↵Crispin_Gatieza said:

I think practical is more important to me than pretty or durable. I had never used a case on a phone until I got the Sony XZ3 and it was only because a case helped find the fingerprint scanner. Easily the worst placement for an FPS in history until the Note 8 said "hold my beer". Nowadays these slick glass bars of soap make it almost mandatory.

Yeah, my Pixel 7 Pro tried to commit suicide from the side of the bath on the first day I had it - it's the slippiest thing ever. I dreaded using it for the single day before my case arrived, I was so terrified every time I put it down.

As an aside, my first proper smartphone was a Moto G 4G which had a removable back that you could replace with a flip cover version - best idea I've ever seen, so it was soon abandoned.

• 11mo agoedited

Durable and pretty go hand in hand, just get a cover for your phone.

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Don't you find it a bit boring after the 12 Pro Max and the 14 Pro Max being almost identical?

Do you find a Ferrari to be boring, just because they don't dramatically change the look with every new generation? It's called brand recognition and brand identity. Most mature smartphone brands have it figured out. There's a reason why iPhones, Samsung Galaxy, and Google Pixels are recognizable for what they are. The brands who look ridiculous and lost are those who constantly change their look. It's like they are throwing every design at the wall, to see what sticks. Why are smartphone enthusiasts, and apparently (so called) journalists, so slow to understand this?

• 11mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

"pretty phone no longer exists anyway since HTC is out of the market."

LMAO!

The LG fanboys have entered the chat. Funny that ya'll still exist, even when your smartphone brand no longer does.

• 11mo ago

Samsung phones are generally more durable than the majority of brands. That says alot when you consider the scale of how many products they have.

As pretty and people think the iPhone 6 was, the single model was more prone to failure, than all the phones Samsung was selling in the same year.

You can have both. But some phones that pretend to be pretty are made of materials easier to damage. As much as it cost Apple to make an iPhone, the materials are much easier to damage vs Samsung phones as an example.

Pretty also means less features. Means you waited 3 years to get something others had and their version is still less capable.

PC's were criticized for years for being not so pretty but very functional. Then Apple cam and made a PC and its pretty. but less functional; even at more cost.

Paying extra because they make cheap materials look better is the craziest thing ever. My HP Envy is a 2017 model and it still looks almost new. Scratch's only. No dents like I see from Macs of similar pricing.

When the iPhone 6 came out, skimped on the case and it bent. For the 1st time they made a big phone they were wreckless. Even Samsung knew better when they 1st went big.

Pretty phones, liek the Fold are less functional, more fragile and cost to much. The Flip looks really cool. But it is a $1000 liability. Let rich people waste their easy money. My hard earned money means I need devices with substance and still look pretty.

I don't think any phone is any prettier than another. But those that concentrate on pretty make you pay more just for pretty.

A Ferrari is pretty, its also pricey. I can get something luxuriant, and sex and it will cost less than six figures and it will be more versatile.

Pretty is perception. It is not tangible. It is choice. If you're gonna put a case on it, it really doesn't matter how pretty it is.

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Apple could sell them a brick with their logo on it, and they won't think its a boring plan ole brick. They will see it to be as pretty as butter.

I like the design. I like the iPhone 5S-esque design. It's exactly what I expected the iPhone 6 to be. But APple hwo has enough money to change the design every year, like Samsung does; stick with the same old tired look for 4 or 5 years is lame. And yet the price is high.

Its like a housing development where everyone has the exact same house with minor cosmetic changes, and 5 years later a person builds a new house that looks just liek yours and it cost the same or more. That's Apple.

Cars don't change but every 5 years, because it costs millions to redesign a car. Changing the body means changing lots of other things. Cars have about 30'000+ parts you have to make fit and alter on a major design change. So yes it takes a few years to perfect that design and thus cars make minor changes over 5 years.

But the phone has maybe 20 parts. Its easy to change the body every year and still keep the same features in tact. It does mean the parts will have to be altered, but shouldn't be by much. After all if you look at the inside of the iPhone since the X, the inside layout is still about the same. The only thing that changed was the location of the camera module.

You pay all that money and what true benefit do you get? NONE. Things are suppose to cost more because they are better, not because they "look" better

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless