iOS vs. Android: Skipping Stone Edition [video]
In the video below, a Chinese man attempts to settle this argument once and for all by skipping an iPhone and a HTC Desire HD across a lake. Without further ado, ‘iOS vs. Android: Skipping Stone Edition’, or ‘How to ruin expensive things for absolutely no reason whatsoever.’
Some are saying that the devices may have been swapped out with non-functional demos right before the toss, but even if they weren’t, could you honestly say it’s the stupidest thing you ever saw someone do on YouTube?
1. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
This fool needs a new damn camera. Now I have a s**tty migraine. Ugh...!!!! Not to mention that is a waist of two perfectly good phones. I would kill or die for a Desire HD!!!... I'm also pissed because the iPhone won. ROFL
5. tuminatr (Posts: 656; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
its a feature on IOS 5 apple water skipping technology, Android is way behind the curve on this one
7. Sammy4ever (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
LOOOOOOOOOL NO it's just android, it even lags on water! :p
14. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
another guy that compares Android for 100 bucks with iOS phone for 500 bucks? :)
try to compare eg. SGS2 with iPhone 4S....there is SGS2 the first and iPhone with his capabilities on the 20th place even with comparison just with these two phones :)
16. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
and yet the iphone 4s still scores a higher benchmark come off it the SGS2 isnt perfect and neither is any phone for that matter
20. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
You mean waste........-_-
23. Synack (Posts: 659; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
"Some are saying that the devices may have been swapped out with non-functional demos right before the toss, but even if they weren’t, could you honestly say it’s the stupidest thing you ever saw someone do on YouTube?"
How is this stupid? Both phones suck, they both deserve to be at the bottom of a lake. Maybe if it were a Nexus or SGS2 it would be stupid.
24. pimix2009 (Posts: 9; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
I think he put a little more strength tossing the Android. This idiot obviously hates both phones but hates android the most.
25. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 48; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
as any one in the science community could tell you no test's results can be trusted from just one test, so safe to say apple has not won yet. also I think there are some vitally urgent issues we NEED to know here, someone should contact all the major phone manufacturers and get hundreds of samples and preform a PROPER phone skipping test maybe throw in tablets and hell why not netbooks, e-readers and laptops too. the world NEEDS to know
2. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This made my day! xD
3. jbitounis (Posts: 52; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
He doesn't care, he has a Nokia N9 (sorry about the trolling, I just want that phone badly)!
4. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Lol, I don't mind your trolling. In fact I welcome you into the National Troll Honor Society!!!!! ROF JK.
6. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Whatever phone they took that video with should be tossed into the lake too lol
8. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol thats funny. i figured the HTC would have won with the curved back. On the same note, they should try a 3gs and see if they can get that to bounce around. retry! lol
9. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
from the look of that lousy quality camera... That guy should be using a dummy version of both phones.... -_-
10. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
okay I understand Chinese and from the video, the person who took the video is someone that he doesn't know and the female is using her phone to take this video.... Man this Chinese guy is mad
12. vishu9 (Posts: 251; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
LOL.. I only caught the words "what the fu**"
and " F***-a F***-a F***-a " the second time!
13. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 413; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
shoot! that was a waste of money. T.T
18. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
OMG Phonearena Why have you not done this in your phone reviews. This is such an important feature for when I am next to a lake and my phone gets me angry.
Geez Phonearena step up ur game :P
19. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
This guy must be loaded with money to just trow to smartphones...50 years later- hey these dumb phones are perfect for throwing in the river
21. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If you close your eyes and listen I't Will sound like a bad Asian porno