Your Google+ profile picture will soon be matched with your phone number
There is no word yet on exactly which builds of Android this will appear on, and there is no precise launch date. But you might want to make sure that your Google+ profile picture makes you look good. Verified phone numbers listed in your Google account will be a part of this new feature by default. So before the ball drops in Times Square to signal the start of 2014, you should make sure that you're happy with your profile picture because this is the image of you that many people you call will remember you by whenever your name comes up in conversation.
source: +AttilaBodis via AndroidCentral
1. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 508; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I actually know a few people whom I remember by face and dont remember their names.. This would be a handy feature..:)
12. rsolomonjr1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Im one of those people. :( Im sorry. Im so sorry.
2. pankajgupta (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Rather Creepy way of allowing someone to look for you even if it was a one time call..!!
3. bananana (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
well it sounds like google is being super duper desperate in making google+ a thing!
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google once again forcing G+ onto users. Why can't they just leave it simple and stop trying to change everything?
5. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
You don't actually have to use Google+. Not sure where you are getting this from, besides more features is always a good thing as long they are optional.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And yet Google continues to push it over and over.
7. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
And why shouldn't they, it's one of their products and the more people they get to use it, the better it is for them? And still Google+ remains completely optional.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Because not everyone wants or cares about G+. I use gmail but that doesn't mean I want Froogle shoehorning me into G+
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Then don't use it, Google it's not pointing a gun to your face forcing you
10. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
As protozeloz said, and as I said twice already, don't use it, it's always been optional. I'm using Gmail just fine without Google+ and it's never been forced on to me.
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 508; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
So you are that special person for whom Google should close down Google+!!!!! Because you don't use it...
11. homineyhominey (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
The only thing I use Google+ for is the auto backup of pictures taken on android. Best feature about the service. They need to change it by adding features to get more users. It's all about revenue.