Video shows Nokia EOS will feature mechanical camera shutter
The main benefit of having a mechanical shutter is that it hugely reduces and simplifies the circuitry on a device. Having an electronic shutter (where the sensor basically starts gathering light for a set period of time) means added electronics at each pixel location.
The mechanical shutter on the other hand often allows for a simpler and more effective sensor with a higher fill rate where each pixel gathers more light.
All of this along with the rumored large sensor would make not just for a great all-around cameraphone, but for one that performs particularly well in low-light. Those are all guesses right now, though, so take a look at the video below to see the Nokia EOS camera in action.
1. Kurai (unregistered)
Bloody hell, I didn't know it takes pictures. Awesome!
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Focusing only on the lens eye...it begins to look like fish, lol!
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
22. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
are you the same person who commented on YT?
3. Credo (Posts: 684; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I've got to love Nokia, great phone!
Just received my free wireless charging plate in Yellow, so sexy when my Cyan Lumia 920 sits on top of it!!!
4. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Awsome phone!, i will buy it.
This will the best camera phone this year, and i know apple and sammy fanboys will say it's not.
Nokia will drop a bombshell with this EOS!
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No they won't SIGPRO®
If they do, they are indenial
The "KING" of camera this is!
I will be buying this to....
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Sometimes i think there's two faces in you.
21. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
So here is a Sammy fanboy who was bashing Nokia all the time and now you want to buy this phone whahahahahaha.
Yesterday you said:
looks like it will be the S4 CPU, but not the S600.
still à dualcore.
No 2Gb Ram
No 400+ ppi
Would love to buy this, but huge let down by it's pathetic platform, Wp8®
This proves that you are a joke, and PA should ban you for life because of your bullsh*t comments!
I hope you will never get this awsome phone, that will make you a very very sad little boy!
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Says the Hardcore Nokia fanboy! You would praise Nokia even if it had low specs on midrange, highend device with midrange specs!
Where did i bash Nokia! Read the last paragraph!
Wrong.... ANDROID™®© FTW® not Samsung fanboy.....
31. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Dude yes i own a Nokia phone and no i am not a fanboy.
Everybody knows you diss Nokia all the time, so stop lying and grow up.....of sorry you are still a 12 years old kid!
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Amazing Cameraphone....however i hate to say it....i dont think it will sell.....but even still great phone!
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Carl Zeiss is a jokes mate, nothing special on it :(
10. GJanee (Posts: 211; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
please tell us a better lens/optic for smartphones. one that beats the Zeiss. thanks
11. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
stfu. since n70 days, carl zeiss lens on nokias produced great photos.
18. shikroi (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Nothing speacial about flimsy, flexy, feeble,cheap,slippy samsung plastic either :(
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
while i do agree carl zeiss is awesome there is no need to attack sammy....
25. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Biggest joke is you wendygarett, go back to your cave!
12. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
wow it got same mechanical shutter as nokia 808 pureview has
14. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
My N8 had a mechanical shutter. This is nothing new for Nokia
23. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
True and i still use my N8 to make pictures, my old N8 makes better pictures than iphones and galaxy phones!
26. mihaidenis (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
and the sensor will be no more than 8.7 megapixels for sure.
a big disappointment.
greetings to elop for involving where it should stay apart.
the team that build 41mpx concept is no longer working for nokia.
Jolla sounds familiar?
28. SIGPRO (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
You should read and learn how the 41mp works, clearly you don't have a clue!
30. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
32. mihaidenis (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
you talking nonsense,look at the size,the surface of cmos is no bigger than 2 mm diameter.so you must read before post sigpro
27. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
It also looks as if the sensor moves in and out after the shutter opens....optical zoom and focus?
35. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
camera caught on camera strange!!!!!! Lol
39. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
yo dawg I heard you like cameras !!!!!!!!!
38. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
exactly its a camera with phone capabilities...