Verizon's HTC DROID DNA ad says that the phone is an update of yourself
As recently as September, GL Benchmark tests revealed that HTC had a beast of a handset in the works. The following month, some pictures started to give us an idea of where HTC was going with the still unnamed model. Finally, later in October, a leaked Verizon MAP list gave us the name of the phone that we had been waiting for, the HTC DROID DNA. And the highlight of the device was it's 5 inch 1080p screen which offered an amazing pixel density of 441ppi. That compared to the 306ppi pixel density of the 4.8 inch screen on the Samsung Galaxy S III or the Apple iPhone 5 with a 326ppi pixel density on its 4 inch display.
So what do you make of the ad? Would it give you that extra little oomph to push you away from the two Samsung flagship devices, the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD, or the Apple iPhone 5 to embrace the HTC DROID DNA?
source: YouTube via AndroidAuthority
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Look forward to the next EVO. It'll be better than the DNA
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
not to take away shine from the DNA but im all for the next evo bro! lol......... just saying :)
8. Krishaun27 (unregistered)
You got a looong wait
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
haha no doubt :)
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Not really, flagship EVO's always release in June.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
seems pretty long to me... :)
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4163; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Eh, 6 months... It feels long if you're waiting for something. Waiting for the Nexus 4 and 10 to get back in stock feels like an eternity.
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL, I think upgrading people with new DNA is illegal in US?
28. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
I love android, but I've known many people with this phone who have issues with calling and texting, almost as if it has an antenna problem. Beautiful phone and I was contemplating getting this phone,but very happy I ended up with the Note 2.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 1039; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I wonder if the international version is also wireless charging..
5. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
woaaaaa thats called an AD. thank god htc is now realising that marketing and ad is sooo important to sell ur products. htc m a big fan of ur phones and their build quality and droid dna is damn beautiful , better than any phone yet. good luck to u. ur alwayss the best. cheers!!!!
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the marketing is Verizon, not HTC in this case.
21. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
haha ahan? then why they have shown htc droid dna? why not other phone. so dont give weird replies my dear. offcorse its a droid DNA ADD. lol. i think u havent seen the add. must c it again. cheers
23. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
preet, the ad was not made by HTC, but by Verizon, so King is right. The phone is a HTC device, but the ad was made by Verizon. You will learn it is not the best idea to challenge King on Verizon info often. He knows his stuff.
24. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
No, the "AD" is by Verizon themselves. HTC had nothing to do with that advertisement other than supplying Verizon with the phone.
22. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I love the ad almost as much as my DNA King lol. Still loving it, and got my Nexus 7 32GB for Christmas so I'm set for my on the go technological needs!=)
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh sweet! yeah, i like the ad a lot too. it really does it's purpose and compels me to want it more. o:
i highly recommend this for your N7.http://www.speckproducts.com/t
i got it for my mom's and it's really nice, it feels good in the hand, it has good protection and it has Smart Cover functionality.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Great ad, but.... S-pen and the ability to preview my inbox e-mails on my Note II is just too compelling for me.
20. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh. Pretty clear you have no idea how utilize android WHATSOEVER if you think "pre viewing email" is some miraculous feature. Of course...a pack of a dozen styluses in multi colors cost....what?
Bad enough if someone thought a stylus should determine your handset choice....to think there are people who believe "pre viewing" email is the tipping point just cracks me up! Imagine they ever see the live tile on a window 8 phone...or learn to install THE FREE WIDGET in android. That will seem cutting edge to them too IF THEY EVER WAKE UP.
11. alfalf (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
only a panel. why htc are so proud of itself? boring.
32. stychill (unregistered)
Out of all major players in android phone manufactures, HTC in my opinion has the best designs
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is what i'm talking about for a Droid campaign! they make it look so cool that i even want it a little more...
18. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
an upgrade to myself?? yea right....currently i have no micro usb slot on my body and last time i checked this phone doesnt have one either so this is no update to me but nice try verizon!!!
25. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
This was going to be my next phone... :( I can do with no sd card slot but the battery is what killed it for me. I needed this to contain 3000+ mAh battery!!! damn you HTC!!!!! Somebody throw some Duracels at their exectives so they get the picture!!!! such a nice phone too!!!! grrrr
26. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Dude the battery is not near as bad as you might think. I own the phone and it works great for me!
27. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
how is the size after owning it? and does Sense hiccup every now and then? Lastly, if you take it off the charger from work on Friday 5pm and you use it all night long while engaging in some type of debauchery that night how much battery life will you have by mid saturday afternoon? will it last me that whole saturday?
29. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
If most of what you are doing concerning said debauchery is calling and texting, then you will be fine. I'm sure you can use the camera as well.
31. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3046; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol I loved the HTC Thunderbolt's "It's not your dream phone, it's the one after that." Man the Thunderbolt is looking pretty outdated now a days....