Unidentified tablet shows up on Google's I/O page, could it be the rumored Nexus 8?
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
It has blue icons on its notification bar so I'm guessing it's probably not the latest version of Android unless Google is going back to them.
4. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
this does not look like a tablet .. the screen looks like 6" something or maybe 7 but not 8 as I can see it seems quite close to the one I have on my Galaxy Mega 6.3
5. hurrycanger (Posts: 1553; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I'm putting my hand flat on the Kindle Fire HDX and my middle finger goes a bit beyond the edge of the tablet.
If the hand of the person in the pic about the same size as mine, that tablet is definitely bigger than 7".
11. Enddo (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 May 2014)
It's the Nexus 10 from the Chrome game demo at last year's Google I/O event. . .
6. rithvik (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 May 2014)
It's called a Nexus 10, turned sideways. Carry on, folks.
7. xkiller.nws (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 May 2014)
LoL, this tablet is just a Nexus 10 made by Samsung
9. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Indeed, it looks very similar. But there are differences between the two if you look closely.
10. Enddo (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 May 2014)
There's no differences lol. This is literally the same Nexus 10 they showed off at last year's Google I/O event that was used for Chrome game demos
12. sam_tek (Posts: 105; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
can you name the differences Chris? Curious myself
14. jackgmarch (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 May 2014)
No there f***ing isn't, clickbait at its finest.
15. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Sure there is. For one, there's a very clear mismatch between the bezels of the slate in the image, and the Nexus 10, which has an all-around, equally-thick frame.
Again, it's indeed very similar, and, as pointed out, could be a placeholder or just a messed up render of the Nexus 10. Or, it could be a new Nexus 10, or Nexus 8. We'll know in a month or so from now.
18. Aralf (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 May 2014)
Dude, it's the same Nexus 10 from 2012, here is the original photo from the Google I/O of 2013 htp://bayareaeventphotography.com/event-photography/portfolios/google-io-2013/
(I had to put "htp" instead of "http")
13. jackgmarch (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 May 2014)
Posting bull**** likes this just makes your credibility even worse than it currently is, this is a Nexus 10 turned sideways. It's also still running Jelly Bean...
17. Zomer (Posts: 243; Member since: 31 May 2013)
It's a Nexus 10, even a blind man would confirm this.
19. mega20913 (Posts: 14; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It's so obvious to see that's a nexus 10...
20. SuperAndroid507 (Posts: 234; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
This is the very same tablet of last year's ad also, still fooling around.
21. dbin78 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
That is from Google I/O 2013. The cross-device game Racer is displayed that was shown. Could it be an early version of a one of the current Nexus devices?