Two RIM executives caught drunk on an airplane, disrupt flight to China
1. kylemc (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I guess this is what happens when your company begins to continually lose market share every quarter...
14. hepresearch (unregistered)
... the lost market share becomes directly proportional to the amount of corporate expense account money spent on pouring alcohol into their bellies, which then becomes directly proportional to the amount of money spent on paying their fines when they behave badly in public (or on commercial flights), which then becomes directly proportional to the amount of executive-level layoffs that occur...
2. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
"I TOLD you Surfboard was a terrible name!"
"Well YOU ARE THE ONE THAT RELEASED THE STORM!!!"
3. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
sounds like new version of STORM
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol.. no wonder RIM is having issue after issue.. with quality executives like that and all.
5. thissitesucks (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
No where in any article about this case does it say that the two employees kicked off were "executives." Nice spin, PhoneArena.
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Not sure, I clicked on the Business Insider link and it has the same information...
8. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Due to standard business protocols. Companies don't send errands boys oversea simply because they can -- they send "executives" (high-level, mid-level, or even low-level) abroad for business meetings since these flights needed to be justified.
Keep in mind "executives" is part of the business lexicon or argot.
7. jacko (unregistered)
executives should have more sense
12. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
So should lawyers, judges, police officers and... and... and... everyone in this world.
Nobody has their head on straight anymore!
9. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Just because their company is failing doesn't mean they have to throw their life away like this.
10. corporateJP (Posts: 2341; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Further proof that everyone that works in an office at RIM is a dumbass.
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2744; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Its a shame really that this is happening to the company. RIM wouldnt have got where they were without hard work and talent. Then instead of making a serious effort to compete they let Apple and Google dwindle down their marketshare. I do hope that their phones next year are amazing, but it can't come soon enough for them as the share is just diving, diving at least until then. And if the new OS fails, they should hop on Android ASAP instead of doing like Nokia and betting on an OS that is unproven.