These Microsoft-backed trousers can wirelessly charge your Lumia Windows Phone handset
Showcased in London earlier this week, the trousers use technology from Nokia’s DC-50 portable wireless charging plate, and they can charge a compatible Lumia Windows Phone handset when the device is placed inside a pocket.
The innovative trousers will be available to buy “soon” via Amazon (only for a limited time, though). Their price hasn’t been announced, but, according to Business Insider, their designer believes it will be “over $340”. The problem with these pants is that they can’t be washed - so you’ll probably not want to wear them too many times. They’re more like a prototype for now, but one that’s going to be commercially available.
So, what do you think about these wireless charging trousers? If you like the idea, Nokia allows you to win a pair - but only if you're based in the UK (see the second source link below).
sources: Nokia Conversations, Nokia UK, Business Insider
17. sgodsell (Posts: 1433; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
At $340 each. Not to mention its made only for some Nokia lumias smart phones. They better not make a lot of these. Its not like these things are going to fly off the shelf.
3. fzacek (Posts: 2202; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Seems kind of inconvenient to have to carry around a battery in your pants. BTW, would this work with a Nexus 5?
4. NotAGeek (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Man,this is true innovation.Hope that someday the trousers will be washable
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Ohh my gawd... Kudos to MS, Thats why MS is my favourite company.
7. amro99 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
its probably the last thing i want to buy for my phone! some pants full of signals or whatever to just charge my phone!!!!!
8. Anonn (Posts: 96; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
How ridiculously stupid. You can just carry a battery charger in ANY pants you already have and can wear any appropriate shirt with it. And you dont have to worry about the pants charging signal going into the wrong hole!!
11. alumoyo (Posts: 237; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Yeah right - like I REALLY want more magnetic fields that close to the family jewels!
12. Looser99 (Posts: 56; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Can't be washed ? Is this a joke ? How about when i go on a trip and it suddenly starts to rain ? How about when my baby takes a piss in my $340 trouser ? People who needs this product are people who travel a lot. And travelers will often face rainy, stormy weathers and not to mention dusts. And when the pants become dirty and smelly with their sweat, they are just supposed to spray a whole bottle of DAKKAR NOIR and move on to using it again ? Man, sounds nasty to me :D Or just don't EVER use it and put it inside a glass box to show off your friends :p
14. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The comments to this article are absolutely pathetic.
1. Everybody wants innovation but when they get it they take a crap on it and say that it's ridiculous and it won't ever work and blah blah blah.
2. If you don't like it don't buy it. I swear some people criticizing these products seem so upset that you would think somebody's forcing them to buy it...
15. corporateJP (Posts: 1826; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Yeah, because $350 pants with a built in battery pack are innovative.
Put your money where your mouth is and go buy a pair...
16. Sid91 (Posts: 86; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Are you referring to the pants or a certain male anatomy :/
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
As you see the biggest hatters, and trolls, will always reply to common sense... If these were made by Google then certain idiots would be jumping for joy...
Sure I wouldn't waste money on somthing this stupid, but that's not the reason the rats always come out....