The OnePlus One is official: magnesium chassis, a 5.5'' display, Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM, and a 13MP camera... for $299
Design and Hardware
Price and release date
The OnePlus One Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Android L vs Android KitKat: A visual comparison
03 Jul 2014, 04:54
Amazon Fire Phone hands-on
16 Jul 2014, 23:14
This HTC-made Google Nexus 8 concept uses Android L, BoomSound speakers
16 Jul 2014, 13:28
The OnePlus One
10. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This can't be! I will have 3 phones this year! Sony Z2, LG G3, and this!
38. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2293; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I want this mainly because of Cyanogen.
But what about India and China? Two world's big markets. NA in these two countries then how to order if we want it?
43. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
It won't be possible for now. Since the device is invitation only purchase, don't expect imports to open out so soon. I twill probably require around 5-6 months before something can be done about it.
49. Ashoaib (Posts: 1203; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I am in... one for me... nice chassis in a good price
78. Ashoaib (Posts: 1203; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
and you have ten lives... monkey, donkey and??? plz tell, come on share with us
56. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Sounds like you're a pawn to these manufacturers. They love people like you, constantly disatisfied with what you've got so you're always buying something new. Do you not realise how they're playing you?
17. adwienc (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
And another great thing is that it will be receiving updates for many years due to cynagenmod. Only if it was smaller...
116. Zeeya (Posts: 162; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
hahahaa... many years? x)
" The OnePlus One comes with a special version of CyanogenMod (based on Android™),
designed for the One. It's fast, light, secure and will receive updates for at least 2 years."
NO Guarantee... but hey buddy.. at least for 2 years... And I know you are one of these jerks which buys a new phone after a year.. so F* it.. right?
32. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Gorgeous design (sorry apple), premium specs (sorry samsung), great ui skin (sorry google), ads that actually make you want the device (sorry htc), low price (sorry motorola), if i can get my hands on one i'd buy it based only on what i've seen here in this one article, i wouldnt wait for reviews. Dear Oneplus, i want your device but dont string me along by dangling this awesome device just out of reach, if you make it difficult to obtain i'll be forced to spend money else where - your call oneplus.
81. isprobi (Posts: 181; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Why do so many people critisize Sony over bezels? If you use your phone in landscape for video and web browsing like I use my Z Ultra you need those bezels to hold the phone. Try it with most phones and you will see what I mean. There is no place for your fingers.
92. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I have a mega 6.3 and dont need extra big bezels to hold it in landscape. The 6.4" ultra z needs big bezels to hold its extra big bezels lol. Having said that, i totally dont care either as the rest of the device rocks. Im actually contemplating getting one
67. BattleBrat (Posts: 1037; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
"Gorgeous design" design is subjective, to each their own "Premium specs" Note 3 was top dog for months. "ads that actually make you want the device" I have my own mind about things, "ads" are bullcrap, go hold a HTC one M8 then get back to us. "Low price" the Motorola X was $350 for quite a while
68. BattleBrat (Posts: 1037; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That being said, I like the magnesium, don't know why I don't see it more
34. apple4never (Posts: 914; Member since: 08 May 2013)
wait haha i thought the oneplus one was the htc M8 max for the longest time, this thing is a beast and it looks sick, i hope it reaches Canada
94. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Android authourity have a few video comparisons on youtube. This things really does steal the show. But also looks very similar to the more expensive oppo find 7
64. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm drooling over the battery life.
3. mattkl (Posts: 166; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
Hope I run into one of these one day to check out.
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
This phone is a stunning achievement of design and attention to detail. The team they have at OnePlus is obviously quite talented. I've asked for an invite and hopefully will be able to buy this phone soon.
Congratulations to OnePlus for making something special!
6. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
-only sold in the first world countries
-outside of those countries the price will very likely inflate due to retailer mark-ups, taxes, or profit-seeking individuals
-you need an invitation
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
That has always been the case as far as smartphone is concerned, due to the protective nature of third world countries' govt.
45. Ishmeet (Posts: 111; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
That's the reason they are called third world companies. The government doesn't look into improving what is established, or get it's reach further.
India is last to get a device or an update unless it is Samsung or Nokia(the reason these 2 brands are most trusted).
The people don't comply easily with the changes and are forced to accept what is being done by the upper hand without questioning or rebelling.
77. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
In my country smartphones are subject to luxury taxes by 20% because our government deems smartphones as luxury items
112. mrblah (Posts: 392; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
That sucks, when I sold phones internationally, i do recall allot of internationals requesting that when i ship the phone, to ether mark it as a gift or to lie and mark down that it costs a lot less than what they bought it for to help with taxes.
31. hassoups (Posts: 253; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
you could always do order one and let them label it as a "test sample" lol. I did it when i couldn't find the Nokia 8800 back in the day in australia. from what i hear, you could still do it till this day and all it costs is the extra shipping.
7. amats69 (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
This phone really got potential for a new player!I just want to have my personal review/ hands on on this device to know how good the phone is.
11. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
That price tag is the best part of this amazing phone. Glad they went with practicality instead of stainless steel and aluminum.
59. JC557 (Posts: 823; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The last device I had that was made of magnesium was my old iRiver iHP-120 mp3 player. That thing was well built and felt solid. Too bad they stopped making awesome stuff after the Clix 2.
I hope OnePlus feels just as nice with their build. I would buy one at that price as a backup or phablet for home use.
85. DnB925Art (Posts: 137; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I agree with you. I have the IBM Thinkpad T60 with a black magnesium-reinforced chassis, and it still is awesome to this day. Upgraded it to a Core 2 Duo CPU and a Samsung 540 EVO SSD drive and it is still a decent capable computer to this day. Although it doesn't run the latest games, I'm not a gamer so for what I do it still has at least a couple of more years left on it. The thing is built like a tank.
13. amats69 (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Pic number 5 looks like the OG HTC one minus the speaker grills of course
14. galanoth (Posts: 281; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Whats the difference between this phone and the Oppo Find 7a?
20. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's from the creator of Cyanogenmod ROM! Meaning they will always update this phone, like Nexus!
36. nlbates66 (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
only time will tell if that actually happens to be the case, and Nexus devices still stop getting updates relatively rapidly...(even though they get them for longer than most manufacturer devices) example being Galaxy Nexus sitting at Android version 4.3
87. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Only difference is ROM developers were usually extremely faster with updates, changes, etc.
If you rooted your phone in Android land...it was always advised to just keep using a ROM for updates. Even for stock Android or whatever came with your phone.
Developers are still kicking out ROMs for the Droid 1....thats borderline amazing.
98. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
They are pretty similar in design, size and specs. One has 3gb ram and 2.5ghz s801 vs 7a with 2gb ram and 2.3ghz s801. One has changeable back cover while 7 has microsd slot. One has notification led in speaker grille, 7 has pulsating blue light bar along the bottom edge. 7a can also fully recharge from flat in an hour but kts starting price is quite a bit higher.
15. TisaTsir (Posts: 52; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
I am sure this phone will sell like hot cakes....
97. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 255; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
If oneplus doesnt make it difficult to obtain one :/
18. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Looking forward to the review, especially the sound.
19. sip1995 (Posts: 637; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
"World's 1st sphone with stereo speakers" WHAT ? Why don't you take a look at the Nokia lumia 920....
100. Diego! (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Nokia Lumia 920 was released before HTC One, in the end of 2012.
88. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Make that take a look at the HTC Surround 7...
93. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I loved that phone! I ended up buying an HD7 but inside I always wanted the Surround!
89. Dastrix (Posts: 570; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Maybe because it has stereo speakers on the bottom? HTC One had stereo blasters on the front, and the Lumia 920 doesn't have stereo speakers (as far as I know)? Correct me if I'm wrong lol... Anyway, this phone is drop dead gorgeous! Magnesium chassis is so awesome!