Take control with this Android controlled toilet
Knowing how technologically affluent Japan is, it was only a matter of time before we would witness the onset of a smartphone app and a compatible toilet to do our bidding via that app. The app does everything from raising the lid, to controlling the bidet or monitoring energy and water consumption.
The INAX “Satis” is a fully featured toilet that also has built in speakers so you can play music to foster your imagination while sitting on the “throne of thought.” The Android app, “My Satis” connects via Bluetooth and in addition to controlling all the toilet functions it will also establish a diary of activity which may actually be handy in monitoring one’s health.
The INAX Satis goes on sale in Japan early next year. There are INAX dealers throughout the US and North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia, the Satis will retail for about $4,500. No word on if the app will be available in any language other than Japanese.
sources: Japan Trends via Mashable
1. eisenbricher posted on 16 Dec 2012, 02:25 21
Hahaha lol I wonder what will happen if Android lags at some critical time ;)
2. jibraihimi posted on 16 Dec 2012, 02:50 6
Hahahahaha....... Really man it's so funny..... In fact the whole article made me laugh like anything..... I don't know where technology is going with this thing.......
22. Nadr1212 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 10:08 0
All that s**t (c wat I did there?) is way 2 over priced
3. naveenstuns posted on 16 Dec 2012, 03:12 8
what if Android crashes while sitting on the “throne of thought.” :P :P
4. tedkord posted on 16 Dec 2012, 03:22 7
then you'll know right away when you get the error message. Whereas with Apple you won't get the error message and you won't know about it until the water touches your butt.
11. PAPINYC posted on 16 Dec 2012, 07:14 5
Apple won't give you an error message; it will just give you a message that will say, "Please connect iToilet to iToones to flush," then it will [stall] because it must first update!!!
29. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 16 Dec 2012, 15:06 2
And then Apple will say "You are sh**ting wrong..."
12. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:03 1
sorry ...application flush.toilet is not responding!!
16. networkdood posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:56 2
Use your apple maps to find the toilet in the house
6. rickywinataa posted on 16 Dec 2012, 04:51 0
well, it is a bit unusual for them for not making the apps for iOS devices. the biggest selling smartphone in japan is iPhone afterall, not android
26. tedkord posted on 16 Dec 2012, 12:36 1
13. Mxyzptlk posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:25 0
A toilet device? This is the best thing they can come up with?
20. networkdood posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:58 0
well, what the article failed to mention is that the toilet doubles up as a graveyard for iphones.
27. tedkord posted on 16 Dec 2012, 12:40 0
Well, we know from the Apple fans that expensive means better. The only reason this isn't the market leading way to drop a deuce is people can't afford it, plus the other toilet companies put out hundreds of different toilets to this one and they're all plastic a cheap and most of them are returned but still count as an activation.
15. JonBjSig posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:49 3
Is the factory where they make these Satis toilets called a Satis-Factory?
19. roscuthiii posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:58 2
The Japanese? I know they have their sexual fetishes... but I figured any kind of poo monitoring would have come from our friends, the Germans.
"Essen mein scheisse!"
21. roscuthiii posted on 16 Dec 2012, 10:05 0
Will they stop at nothing to shove Android up all our arses? *bah-dum-tiss*
23. toiletcleaner posted on 16 Dec 2012, 10:35 0
aaahhhhhh...... and here is went i sue this company
25. pankajgupta posted on 16 Dec 2012, 11:27 0
say you forget your smartphone in a room and your friend plays a prank.. :D
28. tedkord posted on 16 Dec 2012, 12:42 1
That's why you use face unlock. But be sure to record your face both relaxed, pushing and desperately holding back.
30. networkdood posted on 16 Dec 2012, 15:07 0
When flushing this toilet you will hear the sound of those APPLE stocks tumbling down....
31. ChafedBanana posted on 16 Dec 2012, 16:05 0
If you have an iPhone, the best app is still iPoo.
34. rassouli5 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 03:41 0
At last... Android is now doing what it was designed to do.