T-Mobile fined $819,000 by FCC
by producing evidence that would allow the carrier to refute the charges.
Acoustic coupling turns both desired and undesired sounds into electrical signals, which are turned back into sound by the hearing-aid speaker. The inductive coupling (telecoil) turns sound into magnetic fields which are reproduced as sound by a hearing aid. Because the microphone is off for the latter process, there is no feedback which is normally heard when a hearing aid is pressed against a telephone earpiece. Background noise and over amplification are also both eliminated.
source: FCC via IntoMobile
5. Doakie (Posts: 1425; Member since: 06 May 2009)
No kidding. I read this article and thought "There goes all those LTE upgrades!" Lol. I'll just go upgrade to an Amaze 4G 42Mbps HSPA+ phone from my Sensation 4G. That tech is already in place... lol I saw one off those getting 21Mbps actual throughout the other day. I was shocked.
11. JunitoNH (Posts: 1098; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol damn it DroidGod, you beat me to the punch line. :)
2. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
man... more bad news for T-Mo.. get it together guys!
6. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It would be nice but TMO USA is a company that doesn't listen or pay attention to customers. For example, while all want the HTC one X, they would rather offer the poor One S. Note Tmo USA is the first to Forster Android, HTC, and is dedicated to Nokia. Again instead of offering the Nokia lumia 900, they would rather sell the 710. Also they could have even offered the Titan 1, but no they would rather take the HTC Radar! Now you see why they are fined almost a million dollars. They don't even pay attention to the FCC.
9. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
You'll see how many more One S will be sold compared the AT&T One X. Get ready!
13. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Lolzzz! Less than the One X because it will be sold on sprint too as the evo 4G LTE. Lolzz.
17. BuckeyeCadet86 (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yeah, but the one S will be sold as the incredible 4g on Verizon.
18. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
...good thing I specified "AT&T One X"
PS: Lolzzzz-zzz-zzz-z... (wtf)
8. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'm surprised that it was tmobile that got charged.
12. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Another reason why the merger should have went thru!! you cant supply phones for certain groups of people. Tmobile is trying to stay afloat and this wont help!!
14. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
LOLZ WERE IS REMIXFA TO DEFEND T-MOBILE?????? btw t-mobile sukz imo.
15. Mandroid (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
I'm torn between my hatred of tmobile and my hatred of government meddling. If tmobile doesnt want to offer HAC devices that should be their choice.
16. Penny (Posts: 1345; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Agreed (about the government meddling, I have no reason to hate T-Mobile).
It would be nice to get free funding for my business by fining other companies that are providing actual goods. Nothing wrong with this picture.