Stereophonics: Xperia Z2 S-Force Front Surround speakers vs HTC One BoomSound
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Z2 is a complete pack of an android flagship.
You can't find anything missing in this gorgeous handset.
5. Planterz (Posts: 1772; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
A removeable battery would be nice (but would make it thicker or have less capacity), and OIS on the camera would be cool, but otherwise, yeah. It's damn near perfect.
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 978; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
And smaller bezels, the phone is almost the same size of note 3.
14. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
well.. then drop both phones from the result you will understand why the bezels.
21. vincelongman (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Bezels would have a very small effect on durability.
If they wanted to improve durability they should make the frame a mm or two higher than the glass.
So if it hits the ground the frame takes the impact, not the glass.
The Note 3's plastic frame is about a mm higher than the glass, from the about 5 drop tests I've seen, the glass only shattered in one
24. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
yeah right, especially Samsung is know for failing drop test more then anyone else!
28. vincelongman (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
watch Note 3 drop tests, it survives most of them
25. Jason2k13 (Posts: 978; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Thats what phone cases are made for, incase you drop your phone.
29. vincelongman (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Case + glass screen protector = virtually impossible to shatter screen.
Even just a $15 glass screen protector should protect it from shattering.
47. sgodsell (Posts: 2650; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
People forget that the Z2 is water and dust proof. So that changes a lot of things both internally and externally when you have to design a smartphone.
12. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Sony gives you 2 years warranty on the Z2 battery this is a clear advantage!
44. Planterz (Posts: 1772; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Really? I didn't know that. Freaking great! That pretty much eliminates any objection I had to getting this phone over the S5 or LG G Pro 2. My old phone was a Droid Razr Maxx, and I had to get warranty replacements twice because the battery expanded and pushed out the backing (and in the first instance, popped the screen off), which makes me wary of integrated batteries.
39. Taters (Posts: 6325; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes it only is missing the most important part in a MOBILE phone. A big screen at a decently compact size. The Xperia Z2 HUGE and an auto fail.
52. hurrycanger (Posts: 1545; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I cannot stand those corners and edges. Curves feel way better in hand.
3. Planterz (Posts: 1772; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
What, no heavy metal?
I guess that doesn't matter - metal fans aren't stupid enough to listen to their music on a cell phone, because they actually care how their music sounds. Only people who listen to rap/hiphop or techno crap think their phone is a boombox.
18. zhiae (unregistered)
they should compare it with all new one
better boom sound
better cup n ram speed
better body aluminum tweaked with other Materials
they fixed whole complaining about quality
batter battery life i say full day at least
speaking of curves that way keeps user comfort to handle it i like that
screen will be better better black gorilla glass 3
and real deal
31. sinple (Posts: 128; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
well, the all new one is not out yet.
Have to make do with the old one
34. hassoups (Posts: 470; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I agree. I'm using one now till I unlock my note 3 for international use overseas and I must confess that this is the best feeling phone I've ever used.
6. twens (Posts: 863; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I honestly don't care much about how loud my phones speakers are. They only irritate me when I get a call. I use headsets when I wanna enjoy music or a series. I won't buy a phone because of how loud or low the speakers are.
9. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
exactly what Im thinking. one has amazing speakers but its not enough to buy it. camera sucks, htc service is suck (in my country) and expensive
7. aayupanday (Posts: 567; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Waiting for the comparision between the new One and the Z2
11. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Bass on Z2 is mind blowing
And that is still impressive as Z2 is waterproof
Thrashes Boom Gimmick
13. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Try to turn off HTC's Beats setting ang the HTC One will output louder but not so clear music like the Z2. I have seen a comparison between 'with Beats equalizer' and 'without Beats equalizer'.
15. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
This is is obvious comparison to make and the majority of them that I have seen on youtube say that the One's speakers are better.
16. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Both got a good sound, but overall the Z2 is the better pone.
17. moosai81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
The best of htc one copied by sony. Else sony was d worst at speaker output
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Im sure you always failed your history course!
Just make a little research about the history of Sony in producing quality audio devices.
20. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Sony already released stereo phone nearly half of your age ago
Let me.remind.you.with Walkman branding phones
For example W550i
So sony is bringing back that trend again
26. mayur007 (Posts: 530; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
550i was a hack of a phone awesome sound
awesomely build n was stylish as well
i had one
the only problem was low memory
27. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
I had one too
That was the best
And after Walkman series ,Nokia also copied Music trend with Xpress Music
46. Odiin (Posts: 339; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Whata phone it was, it had awesome speakers.
23. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
At the time Sony was producing quality stereo products, HTC was not even existing.
38. SonyPS4 (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Sony is one of leading company in audio tech.
22. Abinav (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
Both phones are nice. but the speakers on the xperia z2 are amazing considering it is waterproof
32. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 248; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Z2 speakers have better lows, mids and highs..
33. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1868; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
htc one has clearer sound,Z2 is more louder both are nice phones but Z2 can swim htc one cant.
35. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 468; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Htc has best speakers but no matter what manufacturers do nexus5 is best overall phone
36. jellmoo (Posts: 1105; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'm really impressed with the Z2 here, especially considering how bad the speaker on the Z1 was.
My concern here is how monstrously large the Z2 is, especially when placed right next to the One, which is a fair handful itself. Sony has packed a lot into it, but the overall package may simply be too big for comfortable use.
37. Gemmol (Posts: 730; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
1520 got the loudest speaker out of anything I ever heard but I have not check to see which one is clearer between htc special speakers
40. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Good joke ,my friend has lumia 1520
But my Xperia ZL is much louder than Lumia 1520
41. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Sony fan here, but I prefer clarity over loudliness, thus for me, HTC one is still slightly better than Z2 in term of speaker. Anyway, both are good phone with good speaker.
43. moosai81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
When i said sony copied from htc one about the speakers it clearly means the position of both the speakers on front side which htc did first and v all knw about it. The sound quality of xperia z, z1,s, t all of them s***s big tym (speaker)
45. sakurorhino (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
U never used sony ersicsson walkman series
And u never saw speaker placement of those phones
Thats why u r writing this
49. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 318; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Sony should put their Xplod branding to their phones, just like what they did with BRAVIA from their TVs.
Xplod got a nice ring to it, and it's globally recognized. :]
50. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1868; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Final version of Z2 might bring a clear difference, just saying. .
51. techperson211 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Z2 complete winner. This what's good about android we have options.
53. moosai81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I hv used d sony best walkman Phone W800i and W 810 so i know it very well. Htc is d best though its hrd to accept for u.
Everyone knows it
54. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 318; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
So you're basing your assumption from yr. 2005 technology compared to recent ones[pun]?