Sony revenues swoop down, Hirai sees salvation in the user experience, not hardware
1. bloodline posted on 02 Feb 2012, 09:45 1 3
IMO I cant see sony lasting another 10 years
Xbox has surpassed playstation.
In the smartphone market they cannot compete against samsung, HTC and Motorola
Tv's panasonic own that marketing - (could be wrong)
they are just to behind now.
4. ngo2dd posted on 02 Feb 2012, 10:51 3 0
X-box has surpassed them by 3.1 million with a one year head start.
TV is not panasonic, they suck, The TV problem is that many of us don't but the top of the line TV and that is sony market.
8. BioTek posted on 02 Feb 2012, 14:02 2 0
The X-Box has barely surpassed the Playstation nowadays.
The Sony Xperia Ion and S are great competition for HTC, Motorola, and Samsung phones.
Samsung and Sony own the TV market.
3. Fallout09 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 10:47 0 1
Man, just yesterday I was being told that I was stupid and didnt know what I was talking about when I said that Sony was yesterdays news and has fallen off in the last 5 years. I guess the rest of the world agrees with me based on the revenue drop of $2 billion US.
5. darac posted on 02 Feb 2012, 11:11 5 0
"holy s**t, now what?"
this new CEO sounds promising :D
6. Fallout09 posted on 02 Feb 2012, 11:27 0 0
Nope, Kaz is a total d-bag. 100% company man, if you cut he will be bleed Sony. In his PS3 days all his interviews sounded like he lived in his own little world and didn’t feel there was any competition in the market. Meanwhile back in reality, the Wii was stomping mud holes, Xbox 360 was kicking ass and PS3 was just trying to get some playing time in the game. And in my opinion, it wasn’t till Dave Reeves took over that Playstation brand that the PS3 gained some traction.
10. ngo2dd posted on 02 Feb 2012, 17:36 0 0
No PlayStation wad doing bad was due to the prices. Once the prices down the system sold vary well. The American market is the only reigon that x-box sold more then the PlayStation.
11. XiphiasGladius posted on 02 Feb 2012, 21:58 0 0
And a better hardware will ease up that user experience part.
9. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid posted on 02 Feb 2012, 15:11 2 0
C'mon Sony... I know you can pull it off. Everybody has bad times.
13. Jericho posted on 03 Feb 2012, 02:28 1 0
sony has the resources.but have to use it properly. Sony is that damn good
15. XiphiasGladius posted on 03 Feb 2012, 04:22 0 0
Yes that's true just imagine if sony steps up their game even in the hardware department since that's the only thing why samsung sells.
I compared the Timescape UI and the TouchWhiz UI and I found that despite the latter had more customization options and so on, I still preferred the TX UI.
14. Bluesky02 posted on 03 Feb 2012, 03:31 1 0
Well I'm a gamer first then a smartphones fan.
I've been following the gaming news since 2005. All i can say about Sony, is that as a hardware Playstation 3 is very robust and solid. It won't break.
Software side it has great high quality exclusives like Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, God of War 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse and many others.
Now there's the problem, Playstation Network, if you compare it to Xbox Live, sony lags hell a lot.
- Most games need online pass.
- Developers really hate developing for the CELL.
- Multiplatform games suffers from poor porting. Check bayonetta.
- Most games requires mandatory installations about 45mins. Check Grand Turismo 5.
- Microsoft pays a lot for downloadable exclusives
- Most friends are online at Xbox Live
The Playstation 3 feels like Xbox first generation.
The Xbox 360 feels like PS2 generation.
Moreover Sony has been more focus with playstation division while neglecting the electronics hardware side.
Also useless lawsuites against Geohotz afterwards Anonymous PSN Attack.
So of course do expect losses.