Sony Xperia U torn down, clears the FCC
1. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Since I live in a third-world country, I don't know why it's a big deal for phones getting through FCC. Could somebody please explain to me why? What potential 'threat' can a phone bring that FCC needs to clear them?
3. hunted (Posts: 357; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Just know, no country is a third world country. The name is given by rich countries who stole things from y'all
2. x7black7x (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
all i wanna say is that its a great device
4. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
third world countires refer to the countries that didnt have any involvement in the cold war, not because "rich" countries took things from them.
5. hunted (Posts: 357; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
ok does that include spain & portugal too?? i dont think so
8. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
most third world countries are some of the poorest countries in the world. most of them lying in africa, the middle east and southeast asia. i dont believe that spain or portugal are in any of those areas.
11. DawsonLee (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
he meant that Spain and Portugal were not involved in the Cold War and yet they're not referred to as 3rd world countries.
12. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i actually did some investigation about the cold war last night. on wiki they have a map of which countries were on which side. spain and portugal were, at the time, allied with the united states. they may not have had any actually involvement, but they were allied to the americans.
13. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
What the hell? How did the Cold War got here? I mean, here in my country, the Philippines, we don't care if it goes through FCC or not. As long as it's a phone, we buy it. I don't even know if those cheap china phones they sell here go through FCC..
6. javorr (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Battery life sucks... this is so unusual for Sony devices. These phones are useless as phones, you have to carry the charger with you and to search power all the time.
7. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
spain and portugal arent third world countries. im pretty sure they sided with the united states in the cold war.
14. jharna32 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I understand why you dislike the proprietary SE connectors but please don't forget that those of us who have used SE phones for a while are likely to have a number of peripherals that use those connectors. Now if we wish to swap to a phone like this we have to throw all those away as well. For some people their continued presence was an advantage!
15. p1natic (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 May 2012)
did anybody see where the memory chip is located?
i was thinking of buying this and putting memory card on the phone myself wishing that there is some sort of "slot" where the internal memory is put.