Sony Xperia L details leak
The device codenamed TaoShan will also feature the latest Exmor RS sensor in an 8-megapixel camera for better low-light performance. Internal storage will be 8GB and expandable via microSD cards. The battery comes at 1,700mAh capacity.
Overall, this all looks like a pretty standard spec sheet for a lower mid-range device nowadays. The Xperia L will 9.7mm thick and arrive with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on board. It will need some design flare though to compete with a ton of other similar devices out there, and hopefully it will have it.
source: Xperia Blog
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1397; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
would like one , if its below $350 unlocked
17. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Too bad for you! Based on my calculations and on the recent pricing trends by Sony.. this one, Xperia L, would cost around $400! Hahaa :D
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony lower/mid end devices are a big turn off. Xperia J was useless really ...
4. Scarambay (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Xperia 'U', 'P', 'Ray'. Ever heard of them?
5. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yea have Xperia P. Battery is horrible ... needs to be charged 2 times a day unless phone is switched off :)
14. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
and this one comes out having the same problem...
13. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Yea, we heard them all. They are useless for poor battery life.
3. nikenturd (unregistered)
Is there such thing as a Sony mid ranger?
6. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 125; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
LG F7 looks more interesting, just saying!
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
thats exactly what Sony needs.
low-end devices with eye catching specs, but with reasonable price as well.
9. vasper (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
hope sony won't overpriced it like the xperia z... that's one way to stay in the competition...
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i agree, but in comparison with a year old IP5 and or Butterfly, Z is not overpriced. every new flagship has the same price at the time of its launch.
10. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Just in time! I was looking for a decent Xperia mid-ranger! I could've bought the Xperia J already but I am having second thoughts due to its not so good camera and processor! Thanks PA! Now I'll have to wait for this one! :D
11. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Sony Xperia is lagging behind other phone manufacturers already! The mid-ranger handsets by HTC, LG, Samsung and etc do already have dual core processors! Keep up fast Xperia! We all have faith in Sony! :)
15. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
Umm... They are, for a year now. Remember the Xperia P and the low mid Xperia U? That is dual core too.
Also, no one was doing dual core at the price of xpreria U, so please do some research before posting
P.S. Xperia J is low end
16. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Yeah I know, I know the Xperia line too well. But I'm looking for the LATEST or NEWEST mid-ranger from Sony.. and Xperia J belongs to the lower mid-range category.
18. afzalzainal (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Xperia v also in mid range segmen but offer good spec... Totally love it even xperia z already available