Server logs reveal iPads with iOS 6, retina displays in Cupertino
ARS Technica recently took at look at its monthly browser logs and found some interesting device information. First of all, they found 346 visits from iPads with a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536, which coincides with the rumored retina display resolution and other reports of analytical data showing a device named “iPad HD” with that resolution.
Additionally, there were iPad user agents from Apple’s corporate IP block that were running iOS 5.0.1, iOS 5.1, and, most interestingly, iOS 6. The iOS 6 devices were also running a newer build of WebKit.
It is pretty doubtful that Apple’s March event will include an iOS 6 announcement, especially considering that iOS 5.1 hasn’t been released to the public yet. It would make sense, though, that iOS 6 would be in its infancy and may be planned for the fall when the next generation of iPhone is rumored to be announced.
source: ARS Technica via AppleInsider
8. Triton (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
These thum downs your getting are nothing but haters.
4. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 240; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I see these obsolete remarks frequently. Why do you call it obsolete?
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont worry they are closet trolls... there is lots of them here
9. Triton (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
It's like apple has done something evil to them.
6. theBankRobber (Posts: 645; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Every year there is a new OS update for both IOS and Android, sometimes major, sometimes minor. Good to see they are still moving forward with ideas and features on both ends. IOS 6 and Android OS 5 :)
7. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
This could suggest iPhone 5/6 launch in June
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
ZOMG IOS 6?!
shut up and take my money!!!
11. frydaexiii (Posts: 1216; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Will Apple stop calling their screens Retina? It's just a regular screen with high ppi, nothing special or unique. Hell, the HTC Rezound has a screen with higher ppi, you don't see them running around calling it "Super Retina". Apple is just coming up fancy names for regular things to make them sound good...They can call a blender iSuperMixer and people will still think it's revolutionary...
12. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
what makes them unique is the there PPI there really were not many phones out there with a screen with that kind of PPI when retina was introduced
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
its just a moniker… not something to get offended about… retina is pretty much known to be above the ppi that the human eye can detect from a logical distance.. which the iphone/rezound/other screens achieve… i mean why not get offended about nokia clearblack? super amoled plus? nova?
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1216; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because Super Amoled is real "different and unique" tech, it replaces the regular 2 subpixels with 3 subpixels. Clearblack is regular Amoled with a filter on top, also unique and different. And Nova is less power hungry.
Retina is just a clearer screen because of high ppi, which any other company can easily make (ThinkPad, etc) with no new or different technology, why does it get it's own name?
15. 2pe_2pe (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
yup, definitely right on that one. apple's just dumb to make up something which can be done by everyone else.
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
actually nobody had a retina display at the time so technically it was a new tech… they squeezed 4 pixels into every 1 pixel… if other people wanted to create even more names then they could… they are all just monikers
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
you are a moniker. lol
give it up, there is just no talking to some people.
18. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
so u ran out of valid arguments and decided to argue against me instead of for ur position… lol
19. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i have no position on this article. ios 6 is imminent, i dont need 5 articles a week remiding me that the number after 5 is 6.
i was just having fun with you.