Samsung rumored to abandon Windows Phone, push bada
12. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
me to! He can reply to me so he is at the top. Your welcome peter you deserve the top spot.
22. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
oh god u people... go worship him on badafans.sweden or something...
52. dblue45 (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Lol no, it's just that, he seems to be the only hardcore bada enthusiast who is so active on PA o.O
69. jroc74 (Posts: 5842; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
lol...this is true...
Maybe he knew, knows something we didnt, dont.
34. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Good morning there.
See you've been wainting for med ; )
It seems the meaning of this is pretty straight forward...
Next, Samsung likely will be ditching Android
53. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
right on cue. :)
now we just need miz and taco to jump in with "iOS the best" nonsense and the day will be complete. lolol
73. Life (unregistered)
Then people will ditch Samsung.
2. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Anyway they should buy webos and merge it with bada.
7. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
you are the f**king man! Couldn't agree more
13. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
They could really develop bada if they do. With there hardware it could be really good.
3. Heatfan316 (Posts: 592; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Linux based version of Bada very interesting, but kind of sucks if they drop WP7:(
42. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
If i'm not misstaken bada is already based on linux.
54. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
nope it isnt... which is why the article specifically states that an american version of Bada based on linux is a rumor, and it will be seperate from the EU version of Bada.
Sounds like sammy is trying to make a real android competitor, not a feature phone OS.. lol :)
55. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
for the 100th time, bada is not a feature phone OS, and you know that !!!
And bada is in fact based on linux, PA doesn't know And i'm 99.9 % sure that bada is based on linux, go check on wikipedia.
57. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Peter you won me over, I thought it was a feature phone OS but I looked into it as you told me to do & it is a smartphone OS. Also this is just a rumor, until Samsung says no more WP7 then I will still believe Samsung will make WP7 handsets. & another thing, Samsung will never ditch Android. The best phone in the world right now is the Samsung Galaxy S II & the phone that will dethrone it will be the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Samsung is on top right now, they CLEARLY make the best phones in the world, & those phones are Android phones!
61. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Thanks for checking it up : )
When it comes to android, i don't think Samsung will ditch it right away. I believe that Sasmung will gradually increase the amount of bada phones, and slowly decrease the amount of Android phones, so that in maybe 2 years, Samsung will only be selling bada phones (and maybe a few android phones on the side).
58. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Straight from Wiki: "Bada, as Samsung defines it, is not an operating system itself, but a platform with a kernel configurable architecture, which allows using either a proprietary real-time operating system (RTOS) kernel, or the Linux kernel."
So, no, it's not based on Linux, but it can use a Linux kernel, which is what Samsung is rumored to be planning for a bigger US push.
59. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
OK, i see...thanks for the info Michael.
66. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, i dont know that
because BADA doesnt Exist in the US.. lol
67. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and as we both know, I go on hard evidence, not faith.
4. THEJET88 (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Who cares? Samsung make crappy hardware anyways..
8. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
They have the best hardware spec wise just terrible software.
10. MrSix (unregistered)
Actually the Omnia 7 is built like a tank, shame we never got it in the US, I'd pay a little more for one over a Focus.
35. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
The omnia 7 had a very good build quality (the build quality reminded me very much of the wave phones. Both made of metal and glass).
In fact, since i was so unhappy with my Omnia ( not with the hardware, only the software, WP7) i did some durability tests before i threw it in the garbage bin.
And believe me it was durable !
I could wash it under running tap water, i could hammer it with a knife without it breaking. Only after i smashed the phone in the floor, and gave it a very powerfull hit with the sharpest point of the knife did the screen break. But the phone still worked : )
So i dunked it in water for 10 seconds, then the Omnia 7 went dead, and straight in the garbage bin.
62. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
So, why does a durable omnia 7 deserve thumbs down ? : P
29. THEJET88 (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
The best thing about Samsung phones are the screens. they got some of the most clearest screens ever but outside of that they phones feel cheap in the hand
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
give it 2 years before they drop android..as well
9. Kjayhawk (Posts: 293; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
lol not likely unless they pick up web OS... It could happen
36. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Yeah, i say give it 2 years at the most. Maybe only 1 year.
40. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Edit, this answer is to gallito.
68. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
any time you agree with gallito, you know your wrong automatically. just saying.
6. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 271; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
i, for once, will be very happy to buy a Linux based BADA...
39. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
You know, if i'm not misstaken, bada is ALREADY MADE IN LINUX !!!
43. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I meant that if i'm not misstaken, bada is based on linux.
14. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Funny Peter haven't showed up for this article. Anyway I'm perfectly ok with samsung ditching. I don't think they were ever interested. I would be a little hurt though if HTC goes but so far they're here to stay. Nokia, nothing to worry about. As long as MS have support from these two, i can sit back and relax. Now just have to wish samsung good luck. Samsung and SE, the motorola wannabes.
15. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Give him time lubba give him time the article is only an hour young. Don't worry almost every other post will be peter in no time.
16. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
They should keep making samsung wp7 phones, but make them with better build quality, my 8 month old samsung focus has started having problems with the power button, keeps getting stuck and not working. Thank god for insurance,
17. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I owned the samsung Moment then upaded to the highly touted Samsung Epic and samsung has refused to upgraded either of these devices while HTC continues to service their devices. I will never own a samsung phone again, the SGII is already behind the curve of what's comin out. Sorry sammy, you burned me twice, bye bi**he's!
19. belovedson (Posts: 887; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
how is the sgs2 behind the curve? what the am i missing something
20. fancy (unregistered)
i agree that SGS II is just another high end device and no longer THE high end device. i don't expect it to has as big an impact/market share as the original Galaxy.
28. AKm007 (Posts: 108; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Dude! What phone can beat the galaxy S2 right now? Even the prime is not expected to be able to. Motorola's droid bionic came with such hype and is still not comparable to it. I guess you don't know s**t about smartphones eh? And the SGS2 is their flagship. Even the SGS got all the major updates. I doubt this one will be left in the dust.
70. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
HTC has a phone (Vigor) coming out next month with Dual Core 1.5gHz (which is the new standard if you didn't know and it sounds like you don't) processors along with all the high end bells and whistles and we all know the iPhone 5 will be lights out for SGII! When Sprint gets the iPhone 5 that's where a good chunk of samsung business is headed, I know I am. Sorry sammy, your sh*t! Samsung will be selling you the idea of the new monster SGIII!. Sounds like sammy has developed it's on sheep and your one! sSheep is the new iSheep! Loser
18. wp8 (unregistered)
Isn't WP8 due out at end 2012?
21. snowgator (Posts: 3519; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
first- This is just rumor. Until I hear it from Samsung, ain't buying it. The Omnia refresh is coming out, the Galaxy 2 variant is coming out, along with the rumored SGH-i677, a slider W7.
Second- Microsoft has enough cold, hard cash to try and convince Samsung to stay in the game. If they share the risk, Samsung may stick it out.
Lastly- no way around this, if Samsung bails, this is a blow for W7 building a name. Obviously, Nokia and HTC are the bug guns of W7, and their are at least three other manufacturers on board. But Samsung doesn't need W7, W7 needs Samsung. They put out great hardware, and it will hurt them to lose them.
24. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
make a Galaxy S II-eque WP and they'll change their minds. i might even get one like that.
25. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Lol to funny on hear, how is Samsung behind, just bought the charge and I must say its faster then super man all. Day, 4g lte all daY
26. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Windows is behind, get with the program, when windows merge with android software then it will be good, u too black berry, the green virus is taken over, even Apple is scared,
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Well, given the absolutely smashing sales metrics (600K/quarter) being posted by WP7 handsets, I can't imagine why Sammy would not bail on WP7. Each new release of WP7 probably requires a non-trivial amount of effort to integrate into existing WP7 handsets. Since Sammy is getting a fraction of the total universe of sold WP7 handsets, WP7 is almost certainly a loosing proposition for Sammy.
32. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
Well they did make the whole fiasco with bricked devices and scaring people off ... they don't make the best hardware but whatever ... will miss the screen thou, but after seeing the N9 in action I don't think I'll miss it much ;)
33. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Good morning, just turned 09:00 here in Sweden.
Great news to start off the day with : )
So, it seems like Samsung will push bada after all...
Great news, makes a lot of sense too.
60. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry I posted this at 4AM your time. I should have known to hold it so you'd be awake and could get higher up in the comments.
63. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Haha, that is fine.
I'd rather you post articles as soon as you can to get the news out quicker, you don't need to wait for me ; )