Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 available again in Germany
Samsung has redesigned the tablet and re-released it in Germany as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1N. Cyberport, a German electronics retailer, is already taking orders for the white 16GB model of the tablet on its website for €549.
The picture below shows the old model at the bottom and the new Galaxy Tab 10.1N on the top. It looks as though the major difference is the metal trim on the new device wraps around further in the front. At this point in time, it looks as if Samsung is making the minimal changes necessary to get its popular Android-based tablet back on the shelves in time for the holiday shopping season.
In the coming weeks we shall see if the additional metal detailing will differentiate Samsung’s black, rounded rectangle from Apple’s black, rounded rectangle enough to keep Apple from pursuing another injunction.
2. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Good job Samsung we know that your designs and hardware are way better then Apple ,
3. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Lol. That took all of three months. Good job Samsung.
5. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
are u saying its an accomplishment it took them three months to round an edge?
6. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i figured they woulda done it faster. I wonder how long it takes to actually get a slight redesign pushed and to stores.
13. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
oops thumb down by accident :)
guys three months is consider fast
7. belovedson (Posts: 830; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
3 months is pretty fast, its not like they are fixing rrod's.
with the holiday season rolling around, a big price break and launch of ice cream yum mitch helps.
8. Nathan (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I think it looks better now, good job Apple for making it look nicer.
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Still looks like an iPad. Shameful by Samsung.
12. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Anything that's rectangular and has a touchscreen is going to look like a f**king iPad.
Come on, Taco. Time to cut the bulls**t.
16. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Shameful? Have you read any of your posts recently? If Steve Jobs was alive and saw what kind of reputation you bring to iPhone fans he would steal your iPhone and then blacklist you from ever buying another.
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
\"In the coming weeks we shall see if the additional metal detailing will differentiate Samsung’s black, rounded rectangle from Apple’s black, rounded rectangle enough to keep Apple from pursuing another injunction.\" - Charlene S.
Possibly the best statement I\'ve seen in months on PA.
11. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
PA... what is it with all the \"/\"s???
18. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Personally ... I think it looks better! It makes it look bigger.
19. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Hehe eat THIS, Stupid Apple. What will you say now? That the new Galaxy Tab looks like the food tray used to serve Hamburgers (arsenic and mercury free, and highly recyclable of course) at the Apple iCafeteria?