Samsung Galaxy S III comes with a PenTile matrix: screen comparison
5. Denis_kn94 (unregistered)
no really, this is one amazing smartphone
40. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
are u trying to deny that this isnt disappointing?... i mean the sgIII is nice, but it isnt that much more stunning than the nexus or note... just with an upgraded processor... to me it doesnt have the same presence as the one x does
17. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
samsung shares gonna fall tomorrow
i guess samsung has reserved something to compete with iphone5
19. Denis_kn94 (unregistered)
you f**king idiot
29. -box- (Posts: 3959; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Tha'ts actually a good point. There are rumors of an i9800 model, which may be a higher-end model and released later so apple is either stuck with their competitor to the GS3, or they have to revamp the development to compete, costing them time and money
39. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Yah wouldn't be surprised if samsung is trying to adjust their product launches. It'd be better to have their new phones launch in the fall quarter before the holiday. Then they would also have the latest and greatest features to compete against the new iphone.
So disappointed with the sgs3. I see no reason to upgrade from my sgs2. I would imagine this is how iphone users felt during the 4s announcement but I guess not because siri probably blew their mind.
52. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
That would be stupid if true because apple reall does not do that. They go out and try and get the best posesable tech and because there are so many orders they can get first dibs on products and get the best price.
58. LegedaryRelic (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I was on the edge about it, but now I've confirmed it's a major letdown.
I went to VZW and checked out a Samsung Nexus, it is essentially the same screen. Wow, it was ugly.
1. White is not white! it's dull yellow color that is undeniably obvious.
2. The screen actually had burn in. It was set to sleep after 1 min or so, but even with that I could see the homescreen when I was on other apps, that's unacceptable.
3. Resolution was not as good as my iPhone 4. And yes that is my benchmark for screen quality. If it doesn't look as good as retina, then its crap.
This alone is reason I will not get a SGS3. I want to switch to android and it looks like the HTC One X will be the one for me.
2. jove39 (Posts: 1444; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Still a pentile diplay? Disappointed...not that it'll matter in daily usage...but its not cool.
3. shayan (Posts: 158; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
too bad. I was really hoping for a normal RBG sub pixels.
9. jove39 (Posts: 1444; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yes...its way better...Apart from quad core Exynos...there is no appeal in this device...for me atleast
12. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Ill pass on non-exchangeable battery and a pathetic non expandable 16gb storage
38. kanagadeepan (Posts: 760; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
But One-X has better screen (full RGB), sense UI,
44. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I personally prefer amoled. Better colors and a real treat to look at. they make lcds look dull. Oh as far as ui It doesnt matter because there are many great launchers and i would put a custom rom on it to get the most out of it..
54. Sessanta (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Yeah, better colors = overly saturated, unnatural color, blueish tint..
Is that what you mean by better color, okay i got it..
61. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Over-saturated?????. More like vibrant and vivid.
U mad bro?
46. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
while loving the one x I had dismissed it as i was holding out for the s3,now however I must admit the one x is much better looking phone,ill make my decison on which one to buy once i get the s3 in my hands over the next few weeks.
6. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 460; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
We've all been SAMSUNG'ed AGAIN...nothing special. This phone is nothing more than the current NEXUS on VW with a bigger display.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..with 4 times better overall processing power, with superior battery, bigger internal storage, SD card slot, better camera. yep, that covers it.
21. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
First of all, the SGIII's processor for verizon is not going to be the exynos chip and therefore probably not quite 4 times better, the battery is better on the SGIII (but not better than the razr maxx), and storage and camera improvements aren't that big of a deal. ALSO the NEXUS has stock android/faster updates.
7. Mannequinsdenial (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I still think the galaxy nexus screen looks better than the one x when side by side in real life but maybe i'm just a sucker for unreal stand-outish colors..
8. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I was hoping for something to set this phone apart but with an S4 for the US version its going to be about the same as the rest of the new phones. I would get excited if the quad core came to the US but unfortunately...
10. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I had my hopes up for this phone....but f*ck, this it was a big disappointment for me! It is just another phone with some extra specs...nothing new
49. mobileczar (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I have one question. What exactly do you expect more out of a cell phone?
11. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
As far as I am concerned as of this moment this is the BEST device on the market.
15. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 266; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Tell me something it can do that no other smart phone can do...the One x specifically
23. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ever heard of expandable memory and removable battery? And Pentile or not, AMOLED screens look way better than any other LCD.
25. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
removable battery and storage is major importance to me and those 2 features alone is why i will get the s3 over the one x...quad core exynos benchmark leaks have shown that it is much more powerful than tegra 3 or s4.bigger battery is a plus,enhanced voice recognition and facial detection etc.yes some features are gimmicky but you get the choice to use them or not..will say i like the look of the one x better
28. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
i'm waiting to see how will exynos compete against s4 quad with andero 320 :)))
32. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
most likely they will be better but by then samusng will have there exynos 5 series which will really be what it should be compared to
42. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
no it won't s4 quads are due in 2nd half of a year and that is a month away :)
43. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
thats about the time exynos 5 will be ready but also its about when it will be in a actual consumer device ready to be brought and not just announced.
14. alan_1230 (Posts: 81; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
you guys cry so much really just stfu if you like you buy if no then don't! don't have to get all anal bout it ! :)
30. Madarres (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
You're getting anal about other people getting anal....you just defeated the purpose of your comment
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Don't whine about the s4 until you know for sure or not if its going to land on your carrier.
Personally I'm getting exynos.. even if i hhave to import it.
Pentile is a minor let down for us geeks on an otherwise exceptional device.. but in the real world its a nearly invisible difference that no one but us geeks will even try to notice.
24. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Im sorry but pentile is totally noticeable. Geek or not. Average people just don't know why the screen doesn't look as sharp.
34. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I use pentile every day. unless you are using heavy red on the screen its completely not noticeable and is still a beauty to behold. whatever negative pentile may be, the beauty of Amoled more than makes up for it. besides ... pentile or not its a pretty high density screen which is the important part.
47. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,nobody except someone with a microscope can see the difference on a daily basis of pentile and non pentile. Super amoled is far superior in contrast and totally overcomes any pentile minute shortcomings. I have to admit if not a huge fan of the s3 design,myabe that will differ when i have it in my hands. The one x design is more appealing
37. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's really not that big of a deal, especially after you get used to it.
18. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
PhoneArena..Galaxy S2 uses an RGB matrix(as SAMOLED+ does anyway).
That should be a common knowledge, at least for you guys.
Do you even think about the photos you just posted?
Look at the matrix from SGSII and compare it with the One X.
So again - Galaxy SII is RGB, and SIII is PenTile.
26. Victor.H (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Absolutely, it's even in the pictures below, but I've somehow managed to mess up the names! Thanks, darac, it's fixed now.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3050; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Oh boo hoo whiners! The display on my Galaxy Nexus looks amazing and so shall the SGS3. The exynos processor will blow everything away.
22. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Vicor, the Samgsung Galaxy S II uses a Super Amoled PLUS. Plus meaning uses normal RGB matrix and not Pentile. Actually that was one of the improvements they did over the original Samsung Galaxy S.
Even in the picture you posted you can see that there are 3 subpixels per pixel in the Samsung Galaxy S II, one red, one green, one blue.
Please be more serious checking the facts!
27. Victor.H (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Absolutely! I've just fixed that, don't crucify me just yet :)
35. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you mislabeled images that are meant to detract from the sgs3 at it's very launch.. your lucky your house hasn't been overrun by an angry mob yet... lol
31. iixacexii (unregistered)
owning both a galaxy s2 and a galaxy nexus am i the only person who doesn't give a damn about pentile both screens look absolutely gorgeous in my eyes i don't understand what everyone complains about the gs3 is a solid follow up ill probably be purchasing it
33. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Wait... Is the US version with LTE for sure going to have the snapdragon S4 dual core? Not that I'm complaining but just wanted to know...
36. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I suppose the people that criticize this have microscopic vision now don't they. I have a Galaxy Nexus and I don't see a difference, the screen is beautiful. So all critics go ahead and look for pixels...try not to go blind doing it.
41. iixacexii (unregistered)
So people thumb me down because i enjoy my devices lmao this is funny
45. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
lol at all the suckers wishing Galaxy s3 had
99999999 gb ram
99999999 gb storage
99999999 ghz processor
51. glenaus (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Very Dissapointed in the new GS3 i had a feeling we would be all let down...
The whole phone looks so CHEAP!
Plus camera.. 8mp... & the screen quality... WHat the ... where they thinking!!
No longer a samsung fan.