Samsung Galaxy S 4 has Qi wireless charging, but it's up to the carrier to offer it
9. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Clearly you are NOT a Verizon customer... I really envy you right now! By the time the Big Red Dummies are done striping all the good stuff out of this phone, it will be running Donut!
13. monomilkman (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
haha I am a Verizon customer actually...I just haven't bought a phone in two years so I'm a bit behind. I can't wait for them to sock it to me when I upgrade...if only I could figure out which device I'm going to want
3. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
You can buy the charging pads on eBay already and also stick on wireless receivers for other Galaxy models.
4. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Yea seems like you should be able to do the same with the S4..... Would that work?
5. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Got a feeling not too many carriers will support it :/
6. Allenrulz (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Sprint BETTER offer this. I want this feature if I get this phone on my next upgrade.
10. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Is this built-in wireless charging, or with an add-on sleeve like for the SG III? This feature was never clarified...
11. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
looks like an add on that works with them all. Their are ebay auctions up right now for the GS 4 and the add on wireless peice to make it work
12. mholeydroid (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Im sure there will be a hack in the future if some carriers dont include it
14. hypergreatthing (Posts: 36; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Ha. I added wireless charging to my S3. Basically you buy the QI card from amazon, it goes under the original cover on top of the battery. Then you can choose from a variety of no named QI pads (i got mine from anker). ~50$ later i was in business with a wireless charging S3. For the life of me i have no idea why carriers in the US don't offer this.