Samsung Galaxy Round ad delivers 30 seconds of round
Meanwhile, click on the video below to see the ad which features 30 seconds of things that are round, or are shaped like the Galaxy Round, including the handset. Speaking of things round, which screen would you prefer? Remember, the curve on the Galaxy Round bends left to right (or right to left) while the screen on the LG G Flex bends in from the top and bottom.
source: SamsungMobileKorea via AndroidAuthority
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
LG's curve is more meaningful. It hugs the face during calls, while there is little reason for a phone to hug your leg in trouser pockets.
This technology is simply not ready, and we won't see any proper use for curved screens until more components can be made flexible. Only then will we see true foldable/flexible phones.
16. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I agree. Lgs curved phone looks much better than this.
20. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
But its more uncomfortable in the trouser pockets since they opposite-ly shaped, but if one is keeping in their top pocket and they coincidentally happen to b a female them thats a completely different question ;-)
22. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Yup. Sorry about those extreme comments but you have to recognise the fact that no OS is perfect immediately after it has released. If you are a loyal PA reader you will know that someone posted comments similar to yours and was completely proven wrong by links posted about the bugs in the latest version of android. Yes it's true that ios 7 had bugs at launch but most of those we're fixed by 7.0.x. In everyday usage it's 100% stable. Android and iOS are the best mobile OSs but none of them are perfect. Anyway, let's end this word fight. It kinda makes both of us look like extreme fanboys.
5. hboy857 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Samsung galaxy round= A phone for stupid people.
8. maccess (Posts: 451; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i'm sure you're much more stupid than those "stupid people"..
14. hboy857 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
And i'm pretty sure you just released from mental hosptial.
29. javac (Posts: 100; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
you just release from mental hospital... grammar is essential when insulting someone...
30. hboy857 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
"grammer is essential" says a guy who don't know how to use "just" in a sentence.
‘Just’ is usually used only with the present perfect tense and it means ‘a short time ago’. For example:
I’ve just seen Susan coming out of the cinema.
Mike’s just called. Can you ring him back please?
Have you just taken my pen? Where has it gone?
So I'm pretty sure my sentence is correct. Before you advice someone make sure that you know what you're talking about.
13. funchumm1206 (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Goodluck watching pictures, and games on a curved screen
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5159; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Which is why after the novelty wears off, I think round screens are not going to be big sellers.
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Samsung....you try to do something new but this time it's a "fail on arrival"!!
Should take some cue from LG Flex..
27. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 162; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Samsung and 80s band Rat have cooperated in already making the next itteration of the Galaxy Round. It shall be called the Galaxy Round and Round.