Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8 is now official – jumbo-sized Galaxy S III look-alike
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5538; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my god, qHD on a 5.8" display? what does that make the pixel density out to be?
but hey, since there's a 5.8" display for this thing, there might be a 5.8" display for the Note II... o:
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
the galaxy note 2 design will be something like this i think
9. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
hi angela. got a new confession today? LOL! Nice avatar.
25. Donskjr (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I made an account, just to say, you are so damn cute and you have the most impressive breasts, I have ever seen in my life!
12. Birds (Posts: 958; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
The ppi is shy of 190 lol. I know its pathetic but this is not a 3.2 inch screen of HVGA resolution. It has more resolved detail per surface area. qHD isn't so bad. Look at older 7 inch tablets. They had resolutions of 600 by 2024 which equates to a ppi of 169. On my old nook color text legibility looks fine (not spectacular though). If they could have made it the same resolution as those 7 inch tablets the ppi would have been 205 which is about the same as the ppi on Sprint's Galaxy SII or T-mo's variant.
19. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
On the plus side, lower resolution means the processors and (if applicable) GPUs are working less hard, extending battery life. Important if you want all-day music-playing capability
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5538; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
as powerful as these GPUs are now pushing pixels isn't much of a chore until it gets into the 1080p scale.
2. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
And the music quality will be crap...
P.S. No I don't own an iPod or any other Apple product and I enjoy my Walkman X and Sansa Fuze+
16. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Agreed. It would actually be a Godsend for someone to create a portable media device that didn't actually suck at streaming media. I use a HiFiMan and the audio is fantastic, but the user interface is anything but intuitive and really lacking. Obviously, what's more important (or what should be anyway) is the sound reproduction but the modern consumer should no longer have to compromise on one of the two.
18. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Yep, but I did find a product that combines both a snappy interface and an amazing sound quality: The Walkman Z. Infact, I am getting one.
Also, this thing is supposed to be a *Portable* Media Player...it's 5.8 inches for god's sake...
4. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The way I view Samsung is that they make a bunch of good products (example, S3 and the Note) and then they release a sh*t load of phones which are intentionally crappy.
10. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Well... it isn't really wise to have your own products competing with each other...
5. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Samsung's innovation focuses around making it bigger and bigger... Well, Apple's too if the iPhone 5 is true, so... Meh.
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Nooooot really. They smudged the line between phone and tablet, made a tablet that utilizes a stylus, make devices with lots of power and usability, etc.
6. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This device sucks , like all the galaxy tab series
Btw , this device might hint that the next note will be 5.8 inch
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Another device to cover the face with low ppi!!!!!
13. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
This may be the poor man galaxy note 2, it can act like a tablet if priced well for low budget people.
many tablets had similar ppi screen. Pricing is the main factor here.
14. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I think this device will do as poorly as the prior Galaxy Players. Check out Samsung's line of poor execution in its battle against the iPod Touch:
And btw, Apple is rumored to release the next generation iPod Touch coming in at 4" AND possibly the 7.85" Apple iPad mini. Not a good time to be releasing this product that could be (depends on the rumors) sandwiched by the new Apple products.
17. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Although this will be great size to watch in video. And u don't need to handle it for a long time so the size is not an issue. But the ppi makes me go away. They just release this so you will go and buy the Note II.
21. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wonder how much will it cost...
24. hassansh (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
This Player is very similar to the Galaxy S 3.
26. adspeer (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
So where is it? I have been waiting for it since it's "September 2012" availability date!