Quad-core Acer Iconia Tab A510 coming to the US for only $449.99
1. theoak posted on 22 Mar 2012, 09:43 1 0
At this price it competes against the iPad 2.
It might be a tough sell ... if there is some sort of "killer" app that features the Tegra 3 ... the blows the socks off and then some of the iPad 2 version ... that ... might .... bring people ...
3. c.hack posted on 22 Mar 2012, 13:05 2 0
You think Acer is rolling out a brand new tab to compete against one that is more than a year old? lol
My A500 is a dog. It couldn't even compete against my old 1st gen iPad, and it still hasn't gotten ICS.
Reasons Acer can't compete:
- Poor to zero customer support
- Poor quality (A500 screen isn't even IPS)
- Slow. Why is the keyboard on a Tegra2 tablet lagging?!!
- Poor tablet app selection
Hardware specs alone won't make any tablet competitive.
2. imkyle posted on 22 Mar 2012, 10:59 2 0
I have the Motorola Xoom and as much as I am loving the Tegre 3, I need to have a Full HD screen. Asus Transormer Pad Infinity :)
4. greathero1 posted on 22 Mar 2012, 17:17 0 0
I agree! Allmthismtablet is missing is the HD screen but you have to admit that's one he'll of a price point for a quad core tablet.